+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mansfield

Mansfield

Got a bad feeling about this. I fear the bump after the high. We won't have the time and space we had last Saturday.
    0-3 for me.

A Crewe win then ?

I wish but ..

Seems it's just you and me again, Wartman

We normally play better against teams higher up the league . I agree we will not get the space and time we had against Crawley Town but I feel we will get a draw from this match. If DA picks the right midfield players who can control / compete for 90 minutes then we will get something from the game .I would like to
    see Finney start the game .

Green, Wintle and Jones will be the starting midfield, but I agree, Lowery or Finney for Jones to start, Bowery and Porter up front. Back 4 picks itself.

I would hope that Hunt plays once again in defence. We have generally done well when this man has figured. I would not play Jones in midfield. The side that played last weekend, including star men, Bowery and Finney, would be my choice against this tough opposition. At least we can be proud of the fact that the Alex are the only FL side to score six goals so far this season on two occasions. Artell and the boys are doing something right. You have to go back to the Dario days for such a high scoring feat (7 against Barnet and 8 versus Cheltenham). Pure entertainment for our home supporters. Good things usually come in threes, so are Yeovil in line for a hammering on Good Friday? That would make a welcome start to the Easter holiday. As for today, a draw would be a fine result in my book.

A fine 2-1 win today still 8 points from the play offs and I think that is too many to be realistic, however a top 10 finish would be a fine end to the season.

I was right about Hunt today. MOTM according to Radio Stoke commentary. Another excellent, if unexpected result from DA and the boys. Play-offs? Doubt it. Very much doubt it. Pity we lost those important home fixtures against Exeter (7th) and Northampton. They were key. Exeter winning today (93rd minute) was also unfortunate. Let us aim at top ten. That will be a real achievement. Many may now be pleased that they didn't get their wish prior to Xmas. I wonder where would have been now had Artell been shown the door? A bird in the hand is perhaps a fitting saying for where we are now positioned in the league.

The worry I have is we genuinely need to sell in the summer or financially we will not be able to compete and build a strong side to challenge for promotion next season and financially we will be fuc### also.

Garratt and Ray may not re sign

NG, Jones, Ainley, Kirk and even Wintle will have their admirers it is key that every penny coming in must be given to the manager to recruit I would like to see us spend some money in transfer fees and try to keep away from loans. I despair with loans, this season the loans have been truly woeful and a complete waste of time and I would like to see us spending some transfer fees on getting in some quality as the loan market just does not work for us anymore, we end up with shi##.

So the loan market doesn’t work for us any more....

This season has been disappointing, although by all accounts Taylor-Sinclair was good at Mansfield and I wouldn’t blame the manager for Sterry’s behaviour. However, cast your mind back 12 months and according to most people Green saved our season and Miller scored important goals. As a result of them being on loan with us we got them both on permanent contracts this season - not what I would define as sh, etc etc.