+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T The world’s gone mad

O/T The world’s gone mad

What about this little gem.

“A home care worker has been criticised after saying "Ey up chuff nut" to a disabled man.
    A relative of the man highlighted the carer's language as part of a report into home care in Sheffield.
    Independent body Healthwatch said families wanted care workers to improve their communication skills, especially when looking after those with dementia.
    The watchdog said firms needed to be clear on how they vetted and recruited employees.
    The woman who complained about the term directed at her relative said it would be a beneficial if his care workers spoke to him differently.”

In my view this is completely nuts, even chuff nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    What about this little gem.

“A home care worker has been criticised after saying "Ey up chuff nut" to a disabled man.
    A relative of the man highlighted the carer's language as part of a report into home care in Sheffield.
    Independent body Healthwatch said families wanted care workers to improve their communication skills, especially when looking after those with dementia.
    The watchdog said firms needed to be clear on how they vetted and recruited employees.
    The woman who complained about the term directed at her relative said it would be a beneficial if his care workers spoke to him differently.”

In my view this is completely nuts, even chuff nuts
    What were the other parts of the report?

****ing snowflakes

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    What were the other parts of the report?
    Too long to put here but I'm sure a bright lad like you can find it. It's been kicked into the long grass of the BBC website South Yorkshire section.

People who have jobs that entail telling people how they should behave or what they are allowed to say will always find new and more extreme ways of doing those things otherwise they wouldn't have jobs.
    As you say, the world has indeed gone mad and, unfortunately, these types of snowflakes won't melt and go away ☹.

The term snowflake is arrogant and embarrassing. I laugh every time I hear it. Unoriginal and contradictory to say the least.

However, the news story that fecked me off this week was 3 lads given a total of 17 years for providing free football streaming sites when recently a local lowlife was given a suspended sentence for grooming and child **** images.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    The term snowflake is arrogant and embarrassing. I laugh every time I hear it. Unoriginal and contradictory to say the least.

However, the news story that fecked me off this week was 3 lads given a total of 17 years for providing free football streaming sites when recently a local lowlife was given a suspended sentence for grooming and child **** images.
    Take your point about lack of logic or consistency in sentencing Scum, but your "3 lads" comment suggests they were doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. They actually made more than £5 million from their illegal activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Take your point about lack of logic or consistency in sentencing Scum, but your "3 lads" comment suggests they were doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. They actually made more than £5 million from their illegal activities.
    I could’ve worded it better but stealing £5 million from Sky, BT and the Premier League vs human lives being ruined.

Suggests to me that money is more important than people when it comes to the law.

I could’ve worded it better but stealing £5 million from Sky, BT and the Premier League vs human lives being ruined.

Suggests to me that money is more important than people when it comes to the law.
    That's always been the case sadly

Been like that for as long as I can remember.

The legal system likes long trials with chances of appeals being made because they make more money out of it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast