+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ajayi

Ajayi

A few of us wanted him in midfield earlier in the season and its no surprise to many hes become a dominate figure in our team.

I think he is as good as gone in the summer as his stock continues to rise with each game, he seems to have his feet firmly on the ground and has bought into Warnes team spirit.

When he leaves he will go as as a greatly admired player, but what does everyone think we would receive transfer wise for a goal-scoring midfielder who is capped internationally?

No idea on value gm.

What I find odd is a talented player like him can get to nearly 26 making fewer than 100 appearance in league first team football. His move to Arsenal may have looked attractive but must slowed his development. Hes almost starting his career all over with us.

That said these are the gems we need to find.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    A few of us wanted him in midfield earlier in the season and its no surprise to many hes become a dominate figure in our team.

I think he is as good as gone in the summer as his stock continues to rise with each game, he seems to have his feet firmly on the ground and has bought into Warnes team spirit.

When he leaves he will go as as a greatly admired player, but what does everyone think we would receive transfer wise for a goal-scoring midfielder who is capped internationally?
    £2 million?
    £5 million?
    £10 million?

Who knows?

And we will never know because when he goes it will be "undisclosed fee"

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    No idea on value gm.

What I find odd is a talented player like him can get to nearly 26 making fewer than 100 appearance in league first team football. His move to Arsenal may have looked attractive but must slowed his development. Hes almost starting his career all over with us.

That said these are the gems we need to find.
    I think this sums up part of the problem with Football as a whole. So many talents get swallowed up by big clubs, who are also paying big bucks for for established names. As they can only field 11 players at a time, so much talent stagnates. Then as you say, development slows down due to lack of first team experience and they end up loaned out or miss their best years playing in a reserve league. The argument of "if they were any good they'd be in first team" isn't an exact science, because if you have 35 talented players and 11 places in the first team, someone will miss out.

This is what has happened with Semi but we have certainly reaped massive benefit from helping to get his career back on track. Not sure how much we could get for him, prices in modern football are far too unpredictable for me to put a value on him. But if he does go and becomes a big success elsewhere, hopefully it'll alert a few other talented misfits and their agents into seeing the benefit of a few seasons at Rotherham under the current regime

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    £2 million?
    £5 million?
    £10 million?

Who knows?

And we will never know because when he goes it will be "undisclosed fee"
    We will know Grist, just not at the point of transfer as it will, as you say, be undisclosed at that point. It will however, be disclosed in the year end accounts.

I thought it might be around £2-3m but his value will have gone up in the last month or so

I think him and Vaulks will go whether we stay up or not.
    Realistically I would expect 5 million for both.

They will probably both go but I've no idea of for how much altho' after 50 years watching RUFC I suspect the fees will be disappointingly low. It will be interesting to see how much of any money received is ploughed back into the squad.

Both leading scorers out - what then?

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Both leading scorers out - what then?
    5-4-1 as usual