+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nelms

Nelms

More bungling from this guy than a rainbow Xmas special.

Keyes wants to get him replaced.

In the interest of having a discussion I'll suggest that he has acted correctly and whilst I agree that it generates emotions ranging from disappointing to very disappointing to fury, his actions were proscribed by the fact that there appears to have been a breach of our own agreed procedures when dealing with situations of this nature.

It is completely unfair that away fans are treated with kid gloves and allowed to behave in ways that would not be tolerated if our support behaved in the same way.

There should be a clear printed set of instructions as to what is acceptable behaviour for fans and an equally clear set of instructions for the stewards. This isn't something that should be secret at all and perhaps the club should publish the terms and conditions for standards of behaviour of fans at football grounds. Maybe the SFA have a code of practice? surely it can't just be a matter of making it up as you go along?

there is a clear code printed on the back of each tkt

what people are forgetting is that fool who jumped down from above the exit/entrance couldv landed on someone and broke their neck,just think about that for a minute someone couldv gave their young lad money for a pie and a coke and never seen them again.

if any1 should be appologising for mis management then surely it is the stewards firm and i say that lightly,i take it every1 in the celtic end were sitting down?if not why not?

an absolutely out of touch top man of our club,just wait til the rangers are in town now

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    In the interest of having a discussion I'll suggest that he has acted correctly and whilst I agree that it generates emotions ranging from disappointing to very disappointing to fury, his actions were proscribed by the fact that there appears to have been a breach of our own agreed procedures when dealing with situations of this nature.

It is completely unfair that away fans are treated with kid gloves and allowed to behave in ways that would not be tolerated if our support behaved in the same way.

There should be a clear printed set of instructions as to what is acceptable behaviour for fans and an equally clear set of instructions for the stewards. This isn't something that should be secret at all and perhaps the club should publish the terms and conditions for standards of behaviour of fans at football grounds. Maybe the SFA have a code of practice? surely it can't just be a matter of making it up as you go along?
    Scunnered with it b cram as are hundreds if not thousands of others.....it's why my season ticket was handed back, its now why I only go to the odd away game, I'm a fan not a supporter anymore.

Nelms has got us to the stage where we barely get 3 000 at home to the old firm, if rumours are to be believed we have sold just over a hundred season tics and we wouldn't even sell out a Doon derby 2.

It's incompetence from him and those around him that they have presided over this, we are not a progressive club, we are at best stagnating at worst dying.

The more excuses that are made, the longer it will continue.

Him and most of the staff at Dens are abysmal.

Play off prices are set by the league, clubs only get expenses

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Play off prices are set by the league, clubs only get expenses
    I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Scunnered with it b cram as are hundreds if not thousands of others.....it's why my season ticket was handed back, its now why I only go to the odd away game, I'm a fan not a supporter anymore.

Nelms has got us to the stage where we barely get 3 000 at home to the old firm, if rumours are to be believed we have sold just over a hundred season tics and we wouldn't even sell out a Doon derby 2.

It's incompetence from him and those around him that they have presided over this, we are not a progressive club, we are at best stagnating at worst dying.

Think you are being very harsh on the staff at Dens. If we want to complain we have to direct our fire accurately and not take a blunderbuss approach. It doesn't help that the results at Dens have been horrific for so long. Maybe there is a problem with the way Nelms is running the club? Perhaps he has a job description that is too loosely framed? If his main task is to deliver the new stadium, there are bound to be Dees on here who have some practical expreience of the planning and building sector. do they think trying to get the Dee's new stadium project off the ground is a one man job? I'd be surprised if it was. I'd also be surprised if running the football club was a one man job. The manager deals with the playing side but who is there to deal with the day to day stuff?

I'm not trying to make excuses. I think that there is an element of truth in what you have posted and I'd like to think that forum members could highlight things that need to be solved, and maybe even provide solutions. I don't think letting Nelms go back to the States is a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    [/B]

Think you are being very harsh on the staff at Dens. If we want to complain we have to direct our fire accurately and not take a blunderbuss approach. It doesn't help that the results at Dens have been horrific for so long. Maybe there is a problem with the way Nelms is running the club? Perhaps he has a job description that is too loosely framed? If his main task is to deliver the new stadium, there are bound to be Dees on here who have some practical expreience of the planning and building sector. do they think trying to get the Dee's new stadium project off the ground is a one man job? I'd be surprised if it was. I'd also be surprised if running the football club was a one man job. The manager deals with the playing side but who is there to deal with the day to day stuff?

I'm not trying to make excuses. I think that there is an element of truth in what you have posted and I'd like to think that forum members could highlight things that need to be solved, and maybe even provide solutions. I don't think letting Nelms go back to the States is a solution.
    It's not blunderbuss at all.

Good luck complaining about anything.

It's a badly run club from top to fricking bottom.

As I say scunnered with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

Hi Returnofrros.
    What would encourage you to start going to home games at Dens again and perhaps even become a season ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Hi Returnofrros.
    What would encourage you to start going to home games at Dens again and perhaps even become a season ticket holder
    He is a season ticket holder, he just forseen something that didn’t happen, some say through fan power, others don’t think it was ever going to happen, but we’ll never know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)