+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A strange old week ........

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I do admire your optimism aucks but the defending recently is woefully bad and in need of looking at urgently
    I like magloire,but he was left to almost fend for himself last game by the so called professionals around him.
    A fresh back 4 will hopefully do the trick next season.
    Nyambe is good going forward but doing the basics in defence sometimes passes him by.
    Rodwell looks to be gone
    Mulgrew Thankyou but goodbye
    Downing looks to be gone
    Lenihan good but he isn't a centre back by trade.
    Magloire bright future alongside someone who can defend.
    Williams on the slope downwards now finds the simple things tricky.
    Bell is the same as nyambe,both good to keep as back up,but the majority of goals have come from crosses not snuffed out by the full backs.
    Robin - I don't agree with this idea that Lenihan isn't a centre-back. Players often start their development careers in one spot, but eventually make a career in another. I just can't see that he would be better in midfield.
    I know that we've certainly missed him!

It's difficult to disagree about missing him aucks.
    The brilliant January we had involved him throughout,alongside rodwell
    Coincidence?absolutely not
    However that takes nothing away from the fact we are rolling Into next season with just lenihan,who is carrying any sort of form defensively.
    Tony Mowbray will be aware this is a poor area for us,so hopefully we have enough penny's in the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Champs- it's a hell of a lot easier when you're as far away as I am!
    Also, watching alone on tv just doesn't lead to the same emotional involvement I used to get following the team around.
    Aucks , a couple of adages for you;

Absence makes the heart grow fonder!
    You can’t live with em, but you can’t live without em !
    Think this sort of sums up your perspective.
    😉

For Champs who has held super optomistic thoughts, and with that invested his time and money, it does not really come as a great surprise that he is feeling the way he is.
    Yes, its a dramatic swerve towards the other end of the spectrum , but thats in his nature (that he readily acknowledges).
    Given a kick back decent performance and point/s return this w’end, we may well see another marked change in his posting demeaner 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I hope this Bauer is the real deal. There has been a lot of talk about him over the last 18 months, so it is important he really does fill the gap we have.

I don't quite know what to make of this Aucks. We are letting Downing go, so we will be definitely getting in at least one. What worries me is reading fans comments, especially since we have been on this run.
    .........get this Bauer signed. ......
    This Bauer is meant to coming, why didn't we sign him in Jan?? ....(the answer to that is simple, we would've piad £2m in Jan, now we get him for free, as he's out of contract)
    ....all the normal stuff.

My concern is, not one fan will have actually seen him play? Will he be that good? Playing in Div1? I see nobody else is interested? Why? That concerns me? Nobody else is sniffing around?
    Yet our fans have already made him a great signing.

I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I don't quite know what to make of this Aucks. We are letting Downing go, so we will be definitely getting in at least one. What worries me is reading fans comments, especially since we have been on this run.
    .........get this Bauer signed. ......
    This Bauer is meant to coming, why didn't we sign him in Jan?? ....(the answer to that is simple, we would've piad £2m in Jan, now we get him for free, as he's out of contract)
    ....all the normal stuff.

My concern is, not one fan will have actually seen him play? Will he be that good? Playing in Div1? I see nobody else is interested? Why? That concerns me? Nobody else is sniffing around?
    Yet our fans have already made him a great signing.

I'm not sure.
    Champs - you have exactly summed up my concerns. Apart from anything else, if he turns out to be anything but instantly brilliant, it will all be Mowbray's fault!

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Aucks , a couple of adages for you;

Absence makes the heart grow fonder!
    You can’t live with em, but you can’t live without em !
    Think this sort of sums up your perspective.
    😉

For Champs who has held super optomistic thoughts, and with that invested his time and money, it does not really come as a great surprise that he is feeling the way he is.
    Yes, its a dramatic swerve towards the other end of the spectrum , but thats in his nature (that he readily acknowledges).
    Given a kick back decent performance and point/s return this w’end, we may well see another marked change in his posting demeaner 🤔
    Agree 100%, Despair. Champs and Robin feel it more because of seeing a lot of games live.

I am stepping back to league one this weekend.
    My brother in law has invited me to watch bristol rovers v luton.
    I have been like champs,getting too annoyed with essentially just a game.
    Will be nice to forget and watch someone else's pain or joy.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I am stepping back to league one this weekend.
    My brother in law has invited me to watch bristol rovers v luton.
    I have been like champs,getting too annoyed with essentially just a game.
    Will be nice to forget and watch someone else's pain or joy.
    Yep thats right, put it into perspective , despite what Shanks said it is NOT life or death!
    There are far far more important things going on and around us than whether we pick up any points this weekend.

What will be, will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Yep thats right, put it into perspective , despite what Shanks said it is NOT life or death!
    There are far far more important things going on and around us than whether we pick up any points this weekend.

What will be, will be.

This is why I like being on here so much. After all these years, I feel like you guys know me quite well. And are very patient with me. I am not even bothering to explain myself anymore, or get embarrassed.
    I wont change, and I wont apologise for it (well I will if I have been out of order with anyone).
    I get overly excited when things are good, I get very down and take it personally when things go wrong. That's why I need to sound Aucks out for his balance. Its always going to be somewhere between either end of the spectrum. Me, my personality will always be at either end of the spectrum. I'd say I was a head-case but ...... .....Alf don't agree with that!!!

Ever since Robin told me about these cocky Villa fans, I have been keeping an eye out for what they have been saying, and I really want us to go and shut them up. We have had a break, so maybe we could benefit from that. If we have Rodwell and Lenihan back, I actually quite fancy us getting a result.

Aucks, I think we will see Davenport and Chapman the next game. TM says both are training now everyday with the first team, and are very very close. He stated they wont feature vrs Villa, but is certainly looking at getting them involved. I believe this could give us a kick on. Some new blood, with a point to prove. I really want to see Buckley again, he looks real quality that lad. And also Butterworth.

In short, if we don't win tomorrow, I am going to take it out on Auks and almost blame him!! Seems fair ......

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    This is why I like being on here so much. After all these years, I feel like you guys know me quite well. And are very patient with me. I am not even bothering to explain myself anymore, or get embarrassed.
    I wont change, and I wont apologise for it (well I will if I have been out of order with anyone).
    I get overly excited when things are good, I get very down and take it personally when things go wrong. That's why I need to sound Aucks out for his balance. Its always going to be somewhere between either end of the spectrum. Me, my personality will always be at either end of the spectrum. I'd say I was a head-case but ...... .....Alf don't agree with that!!!

Ever since Robin told me about these cocky Villa fans, I have been keeping an eye out for what they have been saying, and I really want us to go and shut them up. We have had a break, so maybe we could benefit from that. If we have Rodwell and Lenihan back, I actually quite fancy us getting a result.

Aucks, I think we will see Davenport and Chapman the next game. TM says both are training now everyday with the first team, and are very very close. He stated they wont feature vrs Villa, but is certainly looking at getting them involved. I believe this could give us a kick on. Some new blood, with a point to prove. I really want to see Buckley again, he looks real quality that lad. And also Butterworth.

In short, if we don't win tomorrow, I am going to take it out on Auks and almost blame him!! Seems fair ......
    Well, Champs - I have been married for 47 years, so my shoulders are broad!
    I'm just hoping for one of those big surprises. You know, Villa hitting the woodwork six times, and Rovers getting a last-minute winner from a deflection off the referee's bum.

From a position of safety, how about this for the last game of the season?
    Fisher
    Nyambe Wharton Magloire Thompson
    Rankin-Costello Travis Mols Buckley
    Butterworth Nuttall.
    All Under-23/Academy graduates!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)