+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Next Vote

I voted not to join in 1973, i voted no again in 1975, despite Wilson's Labour telling us to join. I voted out in 2016.

The reasons were nothing to do with immigration.

It was the hypocrisy of the leaders of all countries. Less than 30 years after millions of young men gave their lives for the freedom of this country, and millions of innocent people, men women and children were dragged from their homes, homes in sovereign countries, to be gassed and burnt like piles of rubbish, we were expected to believe that Germany was our friend and none of this ever happened.
    Our history with France is rather less than friendly to say the least, we have been at war with them most of the time.

We are supposed to trust these people to run a Europe whereby we get decent treatnment.
    They hate the sight of us, you only have to look at Eurovision.
    Stuff the lot of the sausage loving Frog eating *******s.

Germany should have been left a pile of rubble and the people dispersed throughout Europe until they were gone. That was what they wanted to do with everyone else.
    Last edited by WBA1955; 22-03-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    HoL have a remain majority, Royal assent is a quick process just for traditional reasons, that won't interfere with the decision making of Hoc or HoL. The EU would rather us be a member than not be, so if parliament revoked article 50, it would actually be a relatively simple process.

The hard thing would be if we were to hold another referendum, that would take months and months of planning. We should probably have been in this position a year or more ago so we could have held another referendum to ask people what they really wanted to happen before the March 29th deadline.
    That is wrong.Its not simple. Revoking Art 50 is not the issue.
    Firstly, May's treaty has to get through Parliament. Which it won't.
    Remainers next step would be to take control of Parliament and force a long extension. The only extension being offered is to 12th May and only if May gets her Treaty through.
    April the 12th is a key date in terms of the UK wondering whether to hold European parliamentary elections. if
    it has not decided to do so by then, the option of a long extension will immediately become impossible.Without an extension. We leave as the Treaties cease to apply.
    If Parliament does decide to take part in EU elections.Parliament would have to pass new
    legislation to hold those elections as the previous EU Elections Act was repealed by the EU withdrawal Act last year.
    Parliament would have several of these hurdles to overcome before Art 50 could be revoked. Whatever it is. Its not true to say revocation is a simple process because its not.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I voted not to join in 1973, i voted no again in 1975, despite Wilson's Labour telling us to join. I voted out in 2016.

The reasons were nothing to do with immigration.

It was the hypocrisy of the leaders of all countries. Less than 30 years after millions of young men gave their lives for the freedom of this country, and millions of innocent people, men women and children were dragged from their homes, homes in sovereign countries, to be gassed and burnt like piles of rubbish, we were expected to believe that Germany was our friend and none of this ever happened.
    Our history with France is rather less than friendly to say the least, we have been at war with them most of the time.

We are supposed to trust these people to run a Europe whereby we get decent treatnment.
    They hate the sight of us, you only have to look at Eurovision.
    Stuff the lot of the sausage loving Frog eating *******s.

Germany should have been left a pile of rubble and the people dispersed throughout Europe until they were gone. That was what they wanted to do with everyone else.
    Well said Des.

It galls me me when 20-40 year olds like 123 tell us to stop quoting the war.

People of our generation had fathers and grandfathers who fought in the trenches to give them and us the freedoms they now use to insist we join at the hip with these former war mongers and “surrender monkeys” like the French and Italians who our nation spilt blood for.

My mum’s dad lied about his age to fight aged 16 in WW1 and my grandad on my dad’s side almost drowned at Dunkirk because he couldn’t swim.

But for a tremendous amount of luck I would never have made it to sperm level!

I’m sick of hearing about the EEC.....we joined a Common Market of six countries not a f king federal superstate.

I’m more than happy to have a tariff free trade deal with them......tying this to free movement and a host of other ridiculous things is purely political posturing and total b o l l u x.

I don’t see why us selling them cheese and then selling us a car means another 200 Romanians can be dumped in Lye!!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Well said Des.

It galls me me when 20-40 year olds like 123 tell us to stop quoting the war.

People of our generation had fathers and grandfathers who fought in the trenches to give them and us the freedoms they now use to insist we join at the hip with these former war mongers and “surrender monkeys” like the French and Italians who our nation spilt blood for.

My mum’s dad lied about his age to fight aged 16 in WW1 and my grandad on my dad’s side almost drowned at Dunkirk because he couldn’t swim.

But for a tremendous amount of luck I would never have made it to sperm level!

I’m sick of hearing about the EEC.....we joined a Common Market of six countries not a f king federal superstate.

I’m more than happy to have a tariff free trade deal with them......tying this to free movement and a host of other ridiculous things is purely political posturing and total b o l l u x.

I don’t see why us selling them cheese and then selling us a car means another 200 Romanians can be dumped in Lye!!
    Both of my grandfathers fought in the war, one of them lived until not too long ago. He would have been depressed at this whole situation. They fought against fascism and the Nazi's right wing extremism. The party to me that seems closest to that is UKIP, so that's one of the reasons I would never give UKIP or Farage any time of day.

Surely, the only relevance the war has is that we don't want another one? And I don't see how isolating us from Europe helps that position. Bringing up the war as a reason to vote Leave is baffling.

Both of my grandfathers fought in the war, one of them lived until not too long ago. He would have been depressed at this whole situation. They fought against fascism and the Nazi's right wing extremism. The party to me that seems closest to that is UKIP, so that's one of the reasons I would never give UKIP or Farage any time of day.

Surely, the only relevance the war has is that we don't want another one? And I don't see how isolating us from Europe helps that position. Bringing up the war as a reason to vote Leave is baffling.
    Like I said .....you’re clueless to my feelings so stop trying to second guess me and people like Des.

I’m not interested in your reasoning for your voting so don’t waste your time on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldricksCunningPlan View Post
    That is wrong.Its not simple. Revoking Art 50 is not the issue.
    Firstly, May's treaty has to get through Parliament. Which it won't.
    Remainers next step would be to take control of Parliament and force a long extension. The only extension being offered is to 12th May and only if May gets her Treaty through.
    April the 12th is a key date in terms of the UK wondering whether to hold European parliamentary elections. if
    it has not decided to do so by then, the option of a long extension will immediately become impossible.Without an extension. We leave as the Treaties cease to apply.
    If Parliament does decide to take part in EU elections.Parliament would have to pass new
    legislation to hold those elections as the previous EU Elections Act was repealed by the EU withdrawal Act last year.
    Parliament would have several of these hurdles to overcome before Art 50 could be revoked. Whatever it is. Its not true to say revocation is a simple process because its not.
    Maybe I should word it a little better, parliament revoking article 50 is much, much more simpler than any other option.

We can extend past May 22nd if we were to offer a new referendum.

I'm pretty sure now we will leave without a deal on the April deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Like I said .....you’re clueless to my feelings so stop trying to second guess me and people like Des.

I’m not interested in your reasoning for your voting so don’t waste your time on mine.
    You're right I am clueless,

I have no idea why someone would want to vote in a way that they believe would harm their livelihood.

You're right I am clueless,

I have no idea why someone would want to vote in a way that they believe would harm their livelihood.
    Good,glad you’ve admitted it so like I’ve said don’t bother trying to second guess me.

I couldn’t care less about your reasons.

The only way an extension of the extension would be granted is if there was a general election or a second referendum. Neither are going to be called and May's treaty won't go. Thru for the 3rd time in a row. So the date of leaving is now the 12th April 2019. With no deal. Simples (as good old T would say)

I can’t see why MP’s should have to get involved

The conservative govt should sort out the deal then ask the people

Do you want out with the governments deal

Or

Do you want out with NO deal

Simple let the people decide not MP’s

We voted to leave so leave we should

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)