+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Next Vote

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I voted not to join in 1973, i voted no again in 1975, despite Wilson's Labour telling us to join. I voted out in 2016.

The reasons were nothing to do with immigration.

It was the hypocrisy of the leaders of all countries. Less than 30 years after millions of young men gave their lives for the freedom of this country, and millions of innocent people, men women and children were dragged from their homes, homes in sovereign countries, to be gassed and burnt like piles of rubbish, we were expected to believe that Germany was our friend and none of this ever happened.
    Our history with France is rather less than friendly to say the least, we have been at war with them most of the time.

We are supposed to trust these people to run a Europe whereby we get decent treatnment.
    They hate the sight of us, you only have to look at Eurovision.
    Stuff the lot of the sausage loving Frog eating *******s.

Germany should have been left a pile of rubble and the people dispersed throughout Europe until they were gone. That was what they wanted to do with everyone else.
    At last a well reasoned post from Des rather than political bollox on other posts!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Maybe I should word it a little better, parliament revoking article 50 is much, much more simpler than any other option.

We can extend past May 22nd if we were to offer a new referendum.

I'm pretty sure now we will leave without a deal on the April deadline.
    but there is no majority in Parliament for a second Referendum. So that is dead in the Water.
    A second Referendum will blow up in Politicians faces big time. It is such a toxic proposal. Violence will ensue.
    Parliament has already voted overwhelmingly against a second Referendum.
    The Treaties are the only legally binding mechanism which will take precedence over anything else.
    The Treaties end on March 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    I can’t see why MP’s should have to get involved

The conservative govt should sort out the deal then ask the people

Do you want out with the governments deal

Or

Do you want out with NO deal

Simple let the people decide not MP’s

We voted to leave so leave we should
    Because it is a minority government so they don't have enough seats to pass legislation

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    At last a well reasoned post from Des rather than political bollox on other posts!
    We were supposed to forgive the Germans for the Holocaust and the bombing of Britain and other countries less than 30 years after it happened.
    We are supposed to apologise for the bombing of Dresden and other cities though the Germans would never have apologised for Coventry, Brum, Liverpool, Plymouth etc, had they won.
    We are meant to feel guilty about slavery that happened two centuries ago, but forgive others for exterminations of innocents that happened within living memory.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    May's deal is dead in the water so the next vote for our parliamentary representatives should be a simple binary choice.

Leave on the March 29th

Revoke Article 50 and remain in the E.U.
    Isn't that same vote that we had two years ago? My voting paper definitely said leave or remain in the EU. Why would I bother to vote again on the same question, unless of course we have to keep voting until the powers that be get the result they are after. Bit like the Irish referendum a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    We’ve had a vote.

Are we just going to vote until we get the result you remainers want?

Democracy my a r se !
    Whoa!

I am no remainer far from it.

It forces our 'representatives' to make a decision 'their will' or 'the will of the people' and take the consequences.

Interestingly 123 seems the only other one on here in favour. It's actually the action favoured by his least favourite politician the 'hypocrite' that is Nigel Farage. Strikes as yet another rare example of one who is true to his words.

Theresa’s so-called deal is dead, hopefully. Actually, it isn’t a deal, it’s a withdrawal treaty, any long term deal would be negotiated after we entered into that withdrawal agreement and who knows what we would end up with? All the other so-called relationships being mentioned would tie us to the EU in one way or another, which is not what people who voted leave voted for; I believe that by voting leave, they actually meant ‘Leave’. Personally, I want another referendum. If we have one and the result is leave, then that is the democratic view of the voters at that time. If the vote were to be remain, then that also is the democratic view of the voters at that time. Democratic whichever way another referendum goes. The villains of all this are Theresa May and her awful government, not forgetting of course, good old Dave who instigated the whole mess in the first place.

What, though, would be the best option for the prosperity and security of all of us and especially for our children? That would be for Parliament to just revoke Article 50 and for us to go back to playing a full part in the EU, where we have had as much of a say as anyone else over the past 40 years or so. I’ll settle for the referendum, though..........

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Whoa!

I am no remainer far from it.

It forces our 'representatives' to make a decision 'their will' or 'the will of the people' and take the consequences.

Interestingly 123 seems the only other one on here in favour. It's actually the action favoured by his least favourite politician the 'hypocrite' that is Nigel Farage. Strikes as yet another rare example of one who is true to his words.
    Let's not forget Farage campaigned for a Norway/Swiss style deal, that gives us less control over our borders than what we have now - because both of those nations are in the Schengen area.

He did this also by campaigning to 'control our borders', something he knew we could already do as it is written into EU law.

Let's not forget he also set up an account in the Isle of Man to avoid paying tax, whilst at the same time also criticising other MEPs for not paying enough tax.

Lets also not forget he was fined £35k for misspending public funds. He has also been fined by the UK electoral commission for not declaring gifts received.

Let's not forget he campaigned for UK fishing rights, by attending only 1 out of 42 EU fisheries meetings. And he has the 3rd worst attendance record out of all 750 MEP's.

Finally, let's not forget that he is a multi millionaire who earns at least £200k per year on '2nd jobs' outside of his MEP salary of €100k, although the true figures are unknown because he doesn't declare it. But he has recently said he is 'skint' whilst posturing to everyone else about the 'elite' class...

I could probably go on and on.

Farage is many things, true to his word he is not.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Theresa’s so-called deal is dead, hopefully. Actually, it isn’t a deal, it’s a withdrawal treaty, any long term deal would be negotiated after we entered into that withdrawal agreement and who knows what we would end up with? All the other so-called relationships being mentioned would tie us to the EU in one way or another, which is not what people who voted leave voted for; I believe that by voting leave, they actually meant ‘Leave’. Personally, I want another referendum. If we have one and the result is leave, then that is the democratic view of the voters at that time. If the vote were to be remain, then that also is the democratic view of the voters at that time. Democratic whichever way another referendum goes. The villains of all this are Theresa May and her awful government, not forgetting of course, good old Dave who instigated the whole mess in the first place.

What, though, would be the best option for the prosperity and security of all of us and especially for our children? That would be for Parliament to just revoke Article 50 and for us to go back to playing a full part in the EU, where we have had as much of a say as anyone else over the past 40 years or so. I’ll settle for the referendum, though..........
    Completely agree with all of this KB

Name:  ewGRbb4i.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  11.7 KB

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)