+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Birmingham deducted 9pts

Birmingham deducted 9pts

Monk will have the Blues, overspending during Zola and England's favourite good guy Harry Redknapp's tenure, who appears to have a skill in overspending at clubs.

Now in a relegation fight

Monk will be out of the door like sh1t off a stick any time soon.

Help me understand please.

How does a club like wolves not get penalized while in the championship.

or even more extreme examples such as Chelski, Man United, West Ham or over Liverpool dodge this bullet?

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post

or even more extreme examples such as Chelski, Man United, West Ham or over Liverpool dodge this bullet?
    Dont know about Wolves but all the rest of clubs you mention must have huge assets and equity that offsets their liability and deficits. Thats why its the "smaller" clubs that usually get hit. Leeds being the exception.
    Feel bad for Brum but no sympathy for Skunk.

Serves them right, and this shoite should have come into effect this time last year as well (then my Barnsley Fc team would have stayed up!!).

When a team like Brum keep scraping up in the last few games each season, they lose respect dont they because they are very lucky. And then in later years its announced that they were doing it by breaking the so called EFL financial rules.
    Am I bitter.... ohh yes I am!!.

I'm still bitter about the 15 points we got deducted in the ken bates era.

To simply put, Premier League money. Manchester United, despite spending is still making relatively big profits not only from the TV deal but simply "being present" in the Champions League group stages got them around 12m without doing anything. Same for Liverpool and Chelsea obviously. And by the way, Fulham spent 112m after getting promoted. If they got that much money, why wouldn't the others have the same?

I think Wolves got lucky by actually getting promotion, and the Premier League money balancing out their deficits from the Championship. If it wasn't for that, they'd be fked over very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Serves them right, and this shoite should have come into effect this time last year as well (then my Barnsley Fc team would have stayed up!!).

When a team like Brum keep scraping up in the last few games each season, they lose respect dont they because they are very lucky. And then in later years its announced that they were doing it by breaking the so called EFL financial rules.
    Am I bitter.... ohh yes I am!!.
    Yeah, didn't the offence happen a couple of seasons ago. I wonder how many other teams were impacted by their illegal overspending?Maybe players signed for Brum instead of other teams for the promise of big wages. Maybe these players influenced results over other teams as you said in both promotion and relegation games.
    They've got of lightly with 9 pts.

Profitability & Sustainability rule, is now aligned between PL & EFL

Each division of EFL have different limits

Profitability/loss based on 2 previous seasons and projections for coming season. The result is now made in March, not end of season (too late)

Championship you can lose 13M per season, Relegated PL teams can lose 30M for 3 seasons
    If you get promoted to PL you can lose i think over 100M if you have been in PL for 3 years

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)