+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birmingham get battered

Birmingham get battered

Wow, they have been hit with a 9 league points deduction which comes into immediate effect, and theres no appealing against it etc.
    Hey if only this could have come to light this time last year eh when we were struggling with them, we would have stayed up. Although thats a pretty desperate way for somebody to stay up, Id have accepted that!!.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47667742

It's not enough though is it ? Hardly been battered , just a slap on the wrist is how I see it , FA weak again , will Bolton and others that flaunt the rules get the same then ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    It's not enough though is it ? Hardly been battered , just a slap on the wrist is how I see it , FA weak again , will Bolton and others that flaunt the rules get the same then ?
    Whether its because it was to do with the great Harry Redknapp eh Roma, and the fact that they are a 'big' team and all, the EFL really ought to have been harsher with this penalty.
    And yes I agree about Bolton, I couldnt give a monkeys toss whether they are one of England's oldest clubs etc. They are a disgrace for breaking financial rules and I cant understand why and how they keep getting away with this and the high court winding up order.

Another nine points deducted for the idiot running on the pitch and they go down.
    There'd be a posse waiting for him to be released from prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Another nine points deducted for the idiot running on the pitch and they go down.
    There'd be a posse waiting for him to be released from prison.
    You know how other fans look at constant relegation strugglers eh Hodger, they quite rightly think it was deserved in the end when they finally do go down etc. And surely that has to be said about Birmingham in the Champship doesnt it, they've got lucky for far too long now when it comes to scraping up late on in the season!!.
    As for what that thug cretin did when attacking Jack Grealish on the pitch, yes I think they should be given a further points deduction for that!.

I propose that when this scenario happens then these points be knocked off their previous seasons total. If this meant that they would have gone down, then they be automatically relegated at the end of the current season.
    The promotion criteria should be altered in the league below, to promote a third team, and the 4,5,6,7 teams go to play off.
    This would deter teams from slashing the cash to stay up outside the rules, as they may succeed, yet then be relegated in a season after their misdemeanours come to light.
    9 points to Birmingham this season, when they look like being safe anyway, is a punishment well worth taking now.
    Until there is a fitting punishment, then teams will flout the rules.

It’s a lot harder to Shoplift with only one hand.

Sad, very sad. We went down fair n' square. Birmingham were better over 46 games as were Bolton. It's the same rules for all 23 clubs. We chose to adhere or ( penny pinch) to flawed rules. More fool us! We're not exactly North Ferriby are we?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Sad, very sad. We went down fair n' square. Birmingham were better over 46 games as were Bolton. It's the same rules for all 23 clubs. We chose to adhere or ( penny pinch) to flawed rules. More fool us! We're not exactly North Ferriby are we?
    No Steve, they are punished because they didn’t play fair and square, FACT
    Punishment doesn’t fit the crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    What are you saying there eh Ponty kid!.
    How is it fair n square when a team (like Birmingham) manage to stay up when they are clearly and blatantly breaking the rules ?.

Financial issues , and fans invading the pitch , are two separate instances , a fan of any club could invade the pitch , in the hope there opponents may be deducted points , is that fair ? Why should a club suffer for this ? Not BCFCs fault is it ? As for financial points deducted , it's not enough IMO , Relegate them and others who don't agree by the rules , National League to start , promote National League teams to Division 2 accordingly , to replace the cheats ,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast