+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Adam Johnson.....

Adam Johnson.....

Controversial I know....... and it’s a no from me! but he’s out and available! A former England international apparently looking for a club.....

Is there a space for him at Pride Park?
    Last edited by Rich2462; 22-03-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2462 View Post
    Controversial I know....... and it’s a no from me! but he’s out and available! A former England international apparently looking for a club.....

Is there a space for him at Pride Park?
    No thanks Rich we've enough problems as it is Good player but the baggage not worth it

If he was 21 and not 31 he might have been worth a shout. Although he's done time for the crime the baggage is to to much. His footballing days are over!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    If he was 21 and not 31 he might have been worth a shout. Although he's done time for the crime the baggage is to to much. His footballing days are over!!!
    I bet they aren’t. Look at Lee Hughes and Ched Evans. Someone will take him once the fuss dies down but not us, I agree with mista.

You do the time cos you did the crime. Time served means a clean slate, or should do. Look at what happened. It was wrong, he shouldn't have done it. He used his high profile on a 15 year old. That is wrong. I haven't read the full transcript but from what was in the papers and online at the time, the only rape, if one occurred was a statutory one as the girl was 15. It seems it was more "touchy/feely" than full on penetration. Again, I might be wrong. Even "touchy/feely" is not on and absolutely no excuse.

However, time served, why should he not be allowed to resume his career for, what, 2 or 3 more years before he is no longer capable of playing professionally?

In no way, shape or form should he be left alone with minors. I am with that 100% but to attempt to stop him playing football for a livingis also not right. The examples of "predecessors" of his have been given. Why should he be stopped when they went on to play again?

I repeat. I am not attempting to make light of what he or Ched Evans or Lee Hughes did. Far from it. The whole point being that people convicted of crimes aren't usually restricted to what they may do upon release. *** offenders aren't allowed to work with children. Fraudsters don't get to work in financial departments any longer, That is about the extent of it.

As I said, he committed the crime, did the time and should now be allowed to pick up his career, just like the other 2 mentioned. The only restriction, if any are put in his way, could be coaching the Academy.

I agree with MA. He's done his time, it would not involve working in an exposed area and he would be cheap. Whether he is right for us should be a managerial decision, not one informed by prejudice against someone in rehab.

He'd have to be strong to take all the abuse from opposing fans though, as well as some of ours it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I agree with MA. He's done his time, it would not involve working in an exposed area and he would be cheap. Whether he is right for us should be a managerial decision, not one informed by prejudice against someone in rehab.

He'd have to be strong to take all the abuse from opposing fans though, as well as some of ours it seems.
    Dndon't think anybody is advocating he shouldn't be allowed to play Just don't think we need to take the risk at Derby I suspect he will struggle to find a club to give him a contract But he's just moved into a £2million pound mansion So I won't be worrying about him to much
    Last edited by mistaram; 23-03-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Dndon't think anybody is advocating he shouldn't be allowed to play Just don't think we need to take the risk at Derby I suspect he will struggle to find a club to give him a contract But he's just moved into a £2million pound mansion So I won't be worrying about him to much
    Spot on mista...no one has said he shouldn’t be allowed to play and he almost certainly will play at some point.
    Just think we can do without the ‘baggage’ and the chanting and taunting that will unavoidably follow him.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)