+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England

England

Just watched the first half of England, yawn yawn.....found myself yearning to watch the free flowing attacking play that Leeds offer, found myself thinking how boring and static chilwell looks compared to alioski, how boring Henderson looks to Hernandez, then realised promotion or no promotion what a fantastic exiting season Leeds and bielsa has given us...come on Leeds one last push and do it for yourselves and us....we all deserve it.

Yeah but they won well.
    Im just concerned that our 'wam bam thankyou mam' football, can get us beat.

The 3 lions have been irrelevant for a long time.

Hard to beleive with all of the talent you have to choose from that you come up with the same boring crap over and over again.

On one hand you want to blame the coaching but 1/2 the time they have to pick some group of over the hill primadonnas that don't give a hoot about about the shirt and just want something to further enrich them come contract time.

Think what someone like Bielsa could do if the talent pool to draw from and picked who he wanted to pick. It would be whole lot different squad than what's been put together. It would be a young up and coming squad.
    Last edited by spaldy; 24-03-2019 at 05:04 PM. Reason: spelling

A 8 a side tournament they meet France in the final 11 side they fall well short 3 reasons pickford henderson and dier

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Yeah but they won well.
    Im just concerned that our 'wam bam thankyou mam' football, can get us beat.
    Jesus Christ!!!!!!.........Many will know my feelings regarding the national squad and the sh1te it can shower on the teams who provide it's players, but.......FFS!!!!

We stuff the only other team in the group with a team that IS NOT stuffed with prima donnas OR has-beens hanging on for the next payday.

Will we do well or not? Who knows, but Jesus Christ get a sense of perspective.

Personally I enjoyed the England game and I've for years been tired of the national team so it is nice to see some young exciting players coming through and pace football, yes at times it will be slow and it was always going to be against a team who came to defend and nothing else.

Very easy to forget just how dour we have been for the past 10 years and that performance was far far better than the vast majority of England games in that time period against any opposition.

Looking forward to a good few years with Southgate, I was originally doubtful about him but results speak for themselves regardless of whether I think we necessarily deserve them all the time. The more he tries these young, quick and dynamic players the better with the likes of Sancho, Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek, Sterling, Chilwell, Tripper, Stones, Maguire, Cook, Rashford all coming through for the next 5-6 years at least we have a team with pace and power to look forward to rather than the usual slow, pedestrian midfielders we are used to. Just get shot of Henderson and Dier and jobs a good un

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Jesus Christ!!!!!!.........Many will know my feelings regarding the national squad and the sh1te it can shower on the teams who provide it's players, but.......FFS!!!!

We stuff the only other team in the group with a team that IS NOT stuffed with prima donnas OR has-beens hanging on for the next payday.

Will we do well or not? Who knows, but Jesus Christ get a sense of perspective.
    FFS WTF wtf. I am certainly not referring to England when i say 'we'.
    Think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    FFS WTF wtf. I am certainly not referring to England when i say 'we'.
    Think before you post.
    Apologies, was responding to Norfolks starting post, finger trouble, nothing to do with thinking (waits for others to catch hold of that comment!&#128521.

Grand, not a problem.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)