+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England FC

England FC

Fantastic performance by England tonight. Positive football and 5-0 against the Republic in a competitive game is no mean feat. Thoroughly enjoying international football since Southgate took charge.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Fantastic performance by England tonight. Positive football and 5-0 against the Republic in a competitive game is no mean feat. Thoroughly enjoying international football since Southgate took charge.
    Are you being a little bit sarcy there eh Ad matey.
    I also think we/England have done well tonight, 5-0 against the Czeckies, what more could we have asked for eh ?.

A game played in 2nd gear, slow ball circulation yet still able to tear their "defence" apart. ****agers on the pitch too. Is the St George's plan starting to take hold in the way tha French version did from the days of them producing players like Henry and their winning trophies?

The German FA has recently visited SGP to see how we are doing it with a view to copying......

Well at least we can agree on this one Adi. More optimistic about the national side than I can remember being for years.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Well at least we can agree on this one Adi. More optimistic about the national side than I can remember being for years.
    I think Gareth has really stepped up to the plate here and has been impressive in his time as England manager/coach.
    We had a great World cup last year (although some still say it was lucky etc), and I genuinely think we are moving forwards on the Intl scene. Come on England.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Are you being a little bit sarcy there eh Ad matey.
    I also think we/England have done well tonight, 5-0 against the Czeckies, what more could we have asked for eh ?.
    Haha no sarcasm at all, probably the only non sarcastic post I've made all week! Genuinely happy, and although you won't notice, I hope our Rams were watching. Every player last night took accountability for their job - no simple safe off-loading the ball to the centre back every other pass, good movement, forward looking, intelligent risk taking, even Henderson played positively, it's like watching a different sport!

Haha no sarcasm at all, probably the only non sarcastic post I've made all week! Genuinely happy, and although you won't notice, I hope our Rams were watching. Every player last night took accountability for their job - no simple safe off-loading the ball to the centre back every other pass, good movement, forward looking, intelligent risk taking, even Henderson played positively, it's like watching a different sport!
    And I also hope our Tykes were watching as well. Come on Barnsley!.

Another 5 goals. And 5 wins in a row I believe. Fantastic football

Missed a lot of the game as I was out interviewing for a gig, which I got. Only got to see the first England goal. I think St George's Park is starting to bear fruit. The past couple of years have see the U17s through to the U21s making semi finals and finals and even winning Euro and World titles. As happened with France, this looks like translating on to the Senior side.

Shame we let the Germans study SGP and how we have organised that. Stuff a level playing field, keep that advantage.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)