+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Walsall v Barnsley Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You need a bit of luck to get where you want to be , I'm not going to dress this up as anything other than a very fortunate 3 points .

Absolutely huge moment in our season , we all know we are good enough and it's not a false position we find ourselves in so today was the lady luck going our way .

Immensely relieved , massive result , absolutely huge in the context of the season .

Hope the mackems enjoyed it .
    They didn't enjoy it.
    They weren't happy when Williams cleared off the line.
    All convinced it was clearly over the line.
    I reminded them of the Bradford game when it was well over, the keeper pulled it back and the defender knocked it back in & the ref waved play on. Swings & roundabouts.
    What was Brown still doing on the pitch?
    There was some bad performances but he was worst of all.
    He looked like the lost young lad out of his depth today.
    Fortunately we know he's got what it takes on his day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Walton didn’t put a foot wrong by. Cav, Pinnock decent.... rest average
    I think Jack Walton was our man of the match Jules, and Pinnock was steady again and didnt put a foot wrong. Lindsay was a bit lucky not to be given a second booking, and we couldnt have done with another suspension could we. (although yes we do have Adam Jackson).

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    They didn't enjoy it.
    They weren't happy when Williams cleared off the line.
    All convinced it was clearly over the line.
    I reminded them of the Bradford game when it was well over, the keeper pulled it back and the defender knocked it back in & the ref waved play on. Swings & roundabouts.
    What was Brown still doing on the pitch?
    There was some bad performances but he was worst of all.
    He looked like the lost young lad out of his depth today.
    Fortunately we know he's got what it takes on his day.
    We know we sit second on merit Hodger , as for luck well I'm struggling other than today to see how we have had much what with injuries and suspensions to key players and the loss of Potts and Moncur to boot .

How lucky were Man Utd in 99 and Liverpool in 2005 to win the champions league , nobody says feck all about that .

Seen this go the other way with ourselves so many many times , we were minutes from staying up last season for instance .

We've had a good day today and we bloody well deserve it too .

UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO .

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    This wasnt good enough Animal, and yes I agree we were lucky.
    BUT... promotions can be won and lost on certain results cant they, and Im just happy and relieved that we've scored and won again today.
    But we're desperately short up front and Woodrow is lost on his own like that. Jacob was struggling but he wasnt on his own, most of the team didnt turn up again, and I thought the kid Styles was shocking. If we go up, will he have a future with us at a higher level ?.
    Styles wanted the ball n' never went missing. He wasn't sparkling but neither were a few more.

Mowatt's Premier League quality won us match

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Styles wanted the ball n' never went missing. He wasn't sparkling but neither were a few more.
    Mowatt's Premier League quality won us match
    Yo Ponty, I know your a fan of Alex Mowatt, and I am as well to be honest.
    As for the kid Styles though, I thought he looked clueless and not good enough!.

Aar jammy wo we today !? Stendel must ev etten a sackful of four leafed clovers.

A know we're all giddy beating relegation placed Walsall late on but let's just accept we gorraway wi it today.

It's wot promotion bound clubs do--win when playing sh1te. Take the result and move on.

About time we had a bit of luck, going through a sticky patch but still gaining points so fingers still crossed !

We've not played that badly or given the ball away so much very often this season.
    Shrewsbury away is the only time I can remember.
    We left ourselves wide open at the back, and Pinnock, Lindsay & Walton saved us.
    How Walsall weren't at least 2 up is unbelievable.
    We're badly in need of a good attacking performance.
    We've had one good half in the 8 games since Moore's injury, 2 if you count the first half against Sunderland (but we didn't score).

Listening to Keiffer , i got the impression his season may not be over , did anyone else think the same ,

Yes, I think he fancies coming back before the end of season.
    Not sure how that will go down with the medical team.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast