+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Walsall v Barnsley Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I hope the medics dun't leave the choice with him but instruct the club not to play him.

Spending the rest of his life with brain injury issues, however minor, isn't worth the risk.
    Agreed SB .

I agree with Roma. Kieffer sounded like he wants to play in his conversation with Prutton on Sky

George Dobson had a spell at Sparta Rotterdam with Kenneth Dougall

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I agree with Roma. Kieffer sounded like he wants to play in his conversation with Prutton on Sky
    These are only young lads in their early 20's capable of mekkin ill thought out decisions being caught up in the dressing room culture /hype wiart thinking abart long term consequences.
    A dunt know if he is married or ezza bairn but they wunt appreciate his future being lowered in scope and quality through mild brain impairment just forra few games of football for us.
    Tek decision arta his hands iz wot aar say.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    If I were him a wunt risk mi future career/ quality of life fo sake onna game or two at the end of a season. Medics musta sed rest thissen forra reason
    Who decides when the right time is for him to comeback?
    Or is that his career finished?
    If it's that serious, whoever gives him the all clear risks their career on it going wrong.
    Could he play with a Petr Cech headguard?
    My wife had breast cancer a couple of years ago.
    She still smokes against medical advice, and the advice of her family.
    It's her decision.
    I took her on our first cruise last year to celebrate her 'all clear'.
    There was a slide on the ship from deck 18 down to deck 4.
    I went on it after the risk warnings against people with high blood pressure, heart problems etc etc.
    I was told what to do with my legs, my hands and warned against all sorts of ridiculous things I would never dream of doing.
    There was a man at the top talking on his walkie talkie to a man at the bottom making sure everyone was in position should the unthinkable happen. My wife was at the bottom waiting to film my exit.
    I pushed of and suffered the most dull 30 seconds of my life. A total anticlimax.
    I didn't even have enough speed to reach the end of the slide.
    I had to shuffle on my arse for the last 20 yards to get off.
    The doctor gave me some antibiotics before Xmas then called me at home because he'd forgotten to warn me against sprinting.
    Apparently a side effect affects muscles & tendons and can result in torn achilles if you sprint.
    I haven't sprinted in 30 years but he had to cover his back.
    With Moore we're now in limbo.
    If the medics say it's up to him, will Stendel pick him?
    He'd then feel guilty if anything went wrong.
    The truth is there's probably less than one percent chance of a reaction but nobody is willing to clear him to play.
    Other teams probably won't sign him either for the same reasons.
    There's more chance of Adan Johnson turning out for us before the end of the season.

Can't say anything else other than this was a typical smash and grab by a team at the top of the league against a struggling side. Massive three points in my opinion and we can't play well every week. My only worry is that we actually looked capable of losing the games against both Donny and Walsall. Fair enough we didn't but I'd say that was down to luck as opposed to good defending. I still think we will have enough to get over the line but we look lightweight on numbers and quality now, and the lack of a couple of decent signings in January (for the squad) is showing. Just hope we aren't sat here in a few weeks saying "we told you so BFC". Can't fault the lads for effort though, even on an off day

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456