+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Stendel

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    In fact, feck this shyte on telly av got mi auf wiedersehen box set art n am watchin em frum beginning "ooh breakin away, got to find a better way" kin class
    Hey Pass I remember the ".. Working on the sight from morning till night, thats livin alright, thats livin alright".
    And all this stuff was sung by the singer Joe Fagin btw.

Last edited by Acido; 29-03-2019 at 09:33 PM.

It's SITE not sight Acido

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    , that freezin jack Fultons factry ez frozzun is earrd

Yu'll all turn ageeanst him when teeam are struggling in Championship next season (if wi gerrup).

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Yu'll all turn ageeanst him when teeam are struggling in Championship next season (if wi gerrup).
    If he gets the tools to do the job then I don't see any reason why we can't hold our own next season should we gain promotion that is .

Fighting the championship clubs and the ownership at the same time may prove even beyond Stendel .

You'd hope lessons have been learned from our last championship campaign but I've seen nothing yet from the owners that supports that thought as yet .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    If he gets the tools to do the job then I don't see any reason why we can't hold our own next season should we gain promotion that is .

Fighting the championship clubs and the ownership at the same time may prove even beyond Stendel .

You'd hope lessons have been learned from our last championship campaign but I've seen nothing yet from the owners that supports that thought as yet .
    Agree, I believe the board think that there's a magic formula and young players that meet the statistical criteria, plucked from lower leagues will need time to perform at championship level. Thats all well and good but essentially to make it work I think we need to keep the spine of this current squad here to help integrate the new signings in.

Davies, Cavare, Pinnock, Lindsay, Mowatt, Woodrow and Moore all need to stay imo. We also need to add to that quality to give ourselves every chance. Trouble is, I think 3 of those mentioned will be on their bike which leaves us almost back at square 1 and Stendel expected to perform miracles with untried players.

On a positive note you'd say that should we be promoted, then being a championship club can help us attract more players and we can cast a wider net with the extra funds.

Promotion this season I feel will act as a guise for this club for those who chose not to see. We have shot ourselves in foot this January but huge credit to Stendel and the players for keeping us in with this great chance despite all the set backs. The harsh realities are that we won't get away with losing key players and coaches, overcoming injuries and suspensions like we have and maintain success on the pitch. The board will inevitably take a great deal of credit in the press and such like if we gain promotion but the job Stendel has done is superb. Wi art him we'd probably not be where we are.

These owners don't give a fk Which lg we're in as long as the club keeps ticking over and odd millions they get for ANY players sold I just can't understand their reasoning why they don't want a successful team playing in the championship at least, they should be putting money in the club NOT taking it out

You don't half come out with some rubbish Doolali.Tells us whats all this money they've taken out.What about all the transfers they sanctioned,what about the day to day running of the club,what about the wages they pay out.A football club doesn't run on fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Ok DooAlbert, I'll offer my resignation in the morning for making such an appalling mistake.

Btw I can't believe I got that wrong (sight instead of site!), Im normally ace at spelling. Ohh yes I know now, it was the beer/lager talking, not me lol.
    Last edited by Acido; 30-03-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    You don't half come out with some rubbish Doolali.Tells us whats all this money they've taken out.What about all the transfers they sanctioned,what about the day to day running of the club,what about the wages they pay out.A football club doesn't run on fresh air.
    It worrin the club accounts published a few weeks back. Of the £14 million running costs in that year £8 million came from TV income and transfer surpluses, £4 million from ST and matchday ticket income, and £2 million from merchandising and sponsorship..

As a model of future policy then maybe OGC Nice provides a pointer. Fans there are in meltdown and the previous long standing 20% part owner (similar to Cryne position) and the CEO ev resigned this season over Dog keeping £30 million in transfer surpluses and drawing it from the club to pay off part of the loan he took to buy the club. No incoming major transfers ev been sanctioned, particularly strikers desperately sought by Vierra. Nice are now the second lowest scorers in the league. (And Goat ez stepped into the vacant CEO's shoes)
    Last edited by SBRed48; 31-03-2019 at 08:13 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast