+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ingerland.........and Dier.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    How is Ashington's season going Sub, total disaster at Clitheroe, managed to beat Glossop yesterday so we should just about avoid relegation. In such a dreadful state though there were SIX players in the team yesterday I'd never seen before. And this was going to be the season it all came togather and we'd win promotion. You can take nowt for granted in football.
    Hi sinkov. Ashington had to get rid of their manager at the end of 2018 because they were in dire financial trouble and there are ongoing investigations as to why the local council seemed to have spent an inordinate amount of money in developing the ground and employing various people.
    As a result, a lot of players left because they could 'earn' more money elsewhere and since then the lad who took over as manager has recruited players and done his best to keep things going. With three games left to play they are fourth from bottom and only 3 points ahead of second bottom but with a game in hand. They have won 4 out of the 11 games played this year, the last one being a ***** game last Saturday. I think that they should avoid relegation, however, what happens next will be interesting.
    A lot has happened with the club over the last couple of years but it would appear that not all of it has been above board!

Sorry to hear of Clitheroe's demise, there are many other clubs at this level who are struggling ---such a shame.

Fantastic result for England last night and a superb collective team performance. Shame about the monkey chants, but there are eejits everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Hi sinkov. Ashington had to get rid of their manager at the end of 2018 because they were in dire financial trouble and there are ongoing investigations as to why the local council seemed to have spent an inordinate amount of money in developing the ground and employing various people.
    As a result, a lot of players left because they could 'earn' more money elsewhere and since then the lad who took over as manager has recruited players and done his best to keep things going. With three games left to play they are fourth from bottom and only 3 points ahead of second bottom but with a game in hand. They have won 4 out of the 11 games played this year, the last one being a ***** game last Saturday. I think that they should avoid relegation, however, what happens next will be interesting.
    A lot has happened with the club over the last couple of years but it would appear that not all of it has been above board!

Sorry to hear of Clitheroe's demise, there are many other clubs at this level who are struggling ---such a shame.
    Cheers Sub, up your way at the moment, drove past a road sign yesterday that said Ashington 4 miles. Sounds like Ashington are in much deeper ****e than Clitheroe. There are no off-field issues at Clitheroe, the club is soundly run with money in the bank. Problem is the team just can't win a game of football, and the manager, who the club are sticking with and seems a decent bloke, has had to bring in a whole raft of new players in an attempt to turn things round. But even though they managed to beat 4th from the bottom Glossop on Saturday and go one place above them, convincing it was not.

I think I heard that North Ferriby had gone tits-up, would that be right ? I think Colwyn Bay are in the mire as well.
    Last edited by sinkov; 26-03-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Cheers Sub, up your way at the moment, drove past a road sign yesterday that said Ashington 4 miles. Sounds like Ashington are in much deeper ****e than Clitheroe. There are no off-field issues at Clitheroe, the club is soundly run with money in the bank. Problem is the team just can't win a game of football, and the manager, who the club are sticking with and seems a decent bloke, has had to bring in a whole raft of new players in an attempt to turn things round. But even though they managed to beat 4th from the bottom Glossop on Saturday and go one place above them, convincing it was not.

I think I heard that North Ferriby had gone tits-up, would that be right ? I think Colwyn Bay are in the mire as well.
    Yes, North Ferriby, in spite of their rather illustrious recent past, have gone tits-up but I had not heard about Colwyn Bay ---yet!!

I must have known that you were coming up my way because we are in the middle of moving house, in fact we are homeless at the moment and renting a holiday cottage at Warkworth except for this week because we are down in Shropshire at my son's house because it is the Inter-Services football matches between the RAF and RN. Ladies tonight and Veterans tomorrow are both at Oswestry and the main representative teams play on Shrewsbury's ground tomorrow night. Always a good chance for me to meet up with plenty of old friends and have a pint!

We are back to Warkworth on Friday for another couple of weeks and hopefully will move into our new place before 13 April ---fingers crossed!! Are you staying up in Northumberland or just passing through?

England 5th in the World Rankings - Montenegro 46....yeah....we played really well !

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

England 5th in the World Rankings - Montenegro 46....yeah....we played really well !

You can only beat what's in front of you Norder, you are fast becoming as negative as Alto!

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

You don't really need a list of the teams 46th or lower in the rankings who we have struggled against in the past do you Norder ? As you and me both know, it's a fecking long one.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Yes, North Ferriby, in spite of their rather illustrious recent past, have gone tits-up but I had not heard about Colwyn Bay ---yet!!

I must have known that you were coming up my way because we are in the middle of moving house, in fact we are homeless at the moment and renting a holiday cottage at Warkworth except for this week because we are down in Shropshire at my son's house because it is the Inter-Services football matches between the RAF and RN. Ladies tonight and Veterans tomorrow are both at Oswestry and the main representative teams play on Shrewsbury's ground tomorrow night. Always a good chance for me to meet up with plenty of old friends and have a pint!

We are back to Warkworth on Friday for another couple of weeks and hopefully will move into our new place before 13 April ---fingers crossed!! Are you staying up in Northumberland or just passing through?
    We're staying at Amble until Monday, we're eating in the Old Post Office at Warkworth on Saturday night.
    Last edited by sinkov; 26-03-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You can only beat what's in front of you Norder, you are fast becoming as negative as Alto!
    what - was there any untruth in my post ?.....and can't help that you feel Alto to be Negative - you really must try being a little more Positive BT.

You don't really need a list of the teams 46th or lower in the rankings who we have struggled against in the past do you Norder ? As you and me both know, it's a fecking long one.
    true sinkov - not looking forward to that game against the Costa Rica Pensioners - currently at 55,750,000 in world rankings - but I reckon we'll Win and be Super Awesome to boot !

We're staying at Amble until Monday, we're eating in the Old Post Office at Warkworth on Saturday night.
    I shall be at the Turf on Saturday so won't get back to Warkworth until around 9 o'clock. The Old Post Office is just across the road from the Masons Arms and we are just out the back of there in their cottage --Rivershield.
    I shall email my phone number if there is a possibility of meeting up after all these years!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)