+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: o/T I thought BBC news was supposed to be objective?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Ah but, a London vote counts as two.
    You might have something there Grist, away votes might well count double in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    In what way are you not a political zealot? You spend ages on here expressing the same political views over and over again, all of which are exactly in line with mainstream Conservative policy. No variation from Conservative policy. At all. You are a Conservative party political zealot, just as fire is a far right political zealot and I am a Labour political zealot.

Just accept it and go with the flow you old fool
    Why the personal abuse? And didn't you get upset about me being ageist by calling Mike Harding an aging folk singer a few weeks ago?

I am not and never have been a member of the Tory party and have never voted for them in a General Election. As for expressing mainstream Tory policy – can you give an example? I'm surprised that you know what they are. I don't.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 24-03-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Why the personal abuse? And didn't you get upset about me being ageist by calling Mike Harding an aging folk singer a few weeks ago?

I am not and never have been a member of the Tory party and have never voted for them in a General Election. As for expressing mainstream Tory policy – can you give an example? I'm surprised that you know what they are. I don't.
    "can you give an example? "

Off into the twilight zone

Change the bloody record Kerr please

Never voted Tory in a GE
    Only voted Labour once

Must have voted UKIP or Green
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 24-03-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Old fool is affectionate you daft brush.

An example. Lowering corporation tax?

So when you said 'the BBC is most certainly biased' you meant 'you don’t think the BBC is biased’. It's perfectly clear that you don't know what you think...

The Russia Today article doesn't express an interesting argument. It is a Russia Today article – a product of Putin's personal propaganda machine. Do you think Russia Today makes an ‘interesting argument’ when it put us ‘facts’ about Russian gym instructors travelling to Salisbury to see the spire on the Cathedral? I‘d really like to know. And how many of your posts are based on Russia Today articles?

The Russia Today piece is only interesting in the sense that it is clearly pro-Corbyn and that you seized upon it in a distinctly Pavlovian manner.
    This article expresses exactly the same argument as the RT:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a7844826.html

Do you always dismiss, or refuse to read an argument just because of the writer or forum on which they write? I don't like the express and mail but doesn't mean that their writers are incapable of conveying a plausible argument.

Dismissing on this basis is where blinkeredness lies. And you hate blinkeredness don't you?

You daft ha'peth.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    It’s had the most signatures of any petition on the Government website. Regardless of anything else, objectively that is somewhat significant. You have not heard anyone on the BBC saying that there is a large majority for revoking article 50 in the country.
    Neither are they reporting on the yellow vest riots which have been going on every weekend for 12 weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    Neither are they reporting on the yellow vest riots which have been going on every weekend for 12 weeks now.
    There's a report on the yellow vest riots on the home page of the BBC website today.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    There's a report on the yellow vest riots on the home page of the BBC website today.

it is being massively under reported over here.....

RT is no worse than any of the other media, I like that it has the people on that the MSM doesn't so you can get more of an idea with their alternative point of view. Like the video I posted says people should get their information from as many sources as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    it is being massively under reported over here.....
    Not sure how it should be assessed? Is there a measure we should work to? Do any guidlines exist? That said Id say this is more a problem that exist in you imagination than in actual fact.

For me there has been under representation of the Friday night joke thread. Im happy its back and hope it continues.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast