+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Match Thread vs. Exeter City 23.03.19

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Maybe my idea of 100% is different to yours and Mark Stallard's. Like everyone on here I love Notts but that performance today was just not acceptable.
    I thought we played well, just that up front all we've got is passes, lay offs, flicks and long range shots.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I thought we played well, just that up front all we've got is passes, lay offs, flicks and long range shots.
    Maybe my idea of playing well is different from yours.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I can’t think of a time that I’ve been more angry as a Notts fan than I am right now so rant away I will.

How on earth can we be given the gift of having a man sent off and Yeovil and Macclesfield not winning and not take advantage? Nil points. The football gods are toying with us?

For the third home game in a row we have failed to score a goal and this will end up costing us our league status. Does anyone know or realise at the club we need to win games to survive, not try to not lose games.

Then to top it all we let Exeter score in the dying seconds of a game. What a shambles.

Now onto the players. I was sick and tired of the amount of times Hemmings got caught offside. Four times to be precise. Is it really that difficult to look where the opposing line of defenders are before making your run? Once again the nearly man nearly got on the end of the shot. Yes you can gladly put a shhhhh symbol up in front of the Kop when you next score at home and I will applaud you for doing so.

What the hell was wrong with Enzio today? I have never seen such a disinterested player who could not be bothered or show little desire or effort to win a ball. Disgraceful performance today. If you don’t want to play for the club don’t bother coming in on Monday and let someone else take your place in the team.

Jon Stead you’ve been a loyal player and I’ve enjoyed you as a consummate pro but please stop pushing the opposing players in the back the ref will call you out on it every time like today. Use your body instead. Please win a header as well.

Schofield. Send him back to Huddersfield. His kicking is woeful and it’s feels like he’s a calamity waiting to happen. Plus he does not command his box. No better than Fitzsimmons.

CMS when he fell over at the edge of our box and let their player through I thought here we go he’s caught the Notts make good players poor disease. He’s faded since he first came in. Should have scored.

That has got to be one of the most frustrating games and performances. We had four players near one of their players at once and they still managed to pass the ball through them. We let them walk in our box and nearly scored in the first half.

For all the possession we had and the football we played we simply were not good enough to break the ten men down. It was safe football that’s all it was. It needed someone to take responsibility and have a go at trying to score. We lacked any form of urgency or pace. There were not enough players that had the balls to do it, or show any fight or hunger to want to do it and get that goal.

It’s always the same as soon as the expectation and pressure rises like it did with once the man got sent off we fail to deliver. The only two clear chance was Tootle and CMS.

Credit to Tootle for coming onto the radio after that. The fans will respect you and do respect you because you are a true honest pro and give your all. The man sounded gutted.

There will be many an angry and gutted Notts fan tonight as we have simply wasted a perfect opportunity to get ourselves out of trouble. Unforgivable and this could well go down as the leg up that we failed to grab
    That’s not a rant, that’s a spot on assessment of the game.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314