+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alloa

Thats easy, we had a bad start to the league because we had players like Adam Barton playing for us!

2-1 county now, spoke too soon TB

Totally dominated game. Bt jeezo it was brutal to watch at times.

Keeper at fault for 1st goal. Poor passing again throughout the team. One of the main culprits being Stanton who did have a couple of decent runs bt his final distribution is diabolical at times.

Agree Bouhenna butcher Robson and Reynolds all had a decent game. Thought seaman looked ok when he came on too.

That said how the pluck this team can not pass the ball about competently is beyond me, and why RN never mentions this in post match interviews is even more bewildering!

Good 3 pts 👍. Bt as I have mentioned a few times b4 possession is probably one of the most overrated stats especially if u cannot capitalise on it, and if we play like that against Dunfermline I can’t see us winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    From what im seeing, i would have Adam Barton back and playing than either of them! But then again, Barton is playing at centre back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie arab View Post
    2-1 county now, spoke too soon TB
    Indeed, looks like the cup stays in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I feel like a broken record going on about it but Stanton's pass completion rate must have been about 10% today.
    Its ok TTT, i heard howls of derision anytime Stanton missed a pass, especially early doors after Clark did the same with no reaction. Heard more from different areas when his effort was appreciated though, funnily enough from the GF upper!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I feel like a broken record going on about it but Stanton's pass completion rate must have been about 10% today.
    His passing is a nightmare, he actually does a lot of decent stuff and has decent ability but he needs to stop passing when it's not on or stop rushing it when a pass is on. He does my fkn nut in.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    His passing is a nightmare, he actually does a lot of decent stuff and has decent ability but he needs to stop passing when it's not on or stop rushing it when a pass is on. He does my fkn nut in.
    I dont think there was a pass today that wasnt on for a number of players. I noticed today that little passes out the challenge by Stanton always made their man, its just when he had time to make the killer pass on the run, when he opened his body up to make the pass, it all went to pot!

Some credit also has to go to some Alloa defenders who stopped some great passes!

From rewatching the goals on the zone both sides were badly at fault for conceding the first goals

Not sure if we should persist with benji. That could have been a really costly error - when he knocked it out he obviously wanted to rectify his error but running after it to edge of box was worse than flapping at cross in first place.

Don’t know how good Laidlaw is and it’s not good for stability to chop and change - not an easy decision

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    From rewatching the goals on the zone both sides were badly at fault for conceding the first goals

Not sure if we should persist with benji. That could have been a really costly error - when he knocked it out he obviously wanted to rectify his error but running after it to edge of box was worse than flapping at cross in first place.

Don’t know how good Laidlaw is and it’s not good for stability to chop and change - not an easy decision
    Think the delivery from Robson deserves more credit than that!

I torn on Benji as he has proved to be a fine shot stopper, but had a serious dose of the clangers around the double save and the following flap n run! Defence looked really nervous for a while after that as well which nearly caused a stupid pass back!

Not heard anything good about Laidlaw, but wonder if Deniz can be re-called?

Just had a look at the east futba match thread and it says expected, full of negative, entitled, self loathing muppets, especially during the game, some effects want Neilson out LOL

Criticism is all they do.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)