+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Alloa

I haven't seen it again but didn't Seigrist try and catch the ball at Alloa's goal on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I haven't seen it again but didn't Seigrist try and catch the ball at Alloa's goal on Saturday?
    Yeah, he tried to catch it, ball went out to edge of box. He chased after it, ball hooked over his head, Alloa won the header then boy tapped in

Yes I think he did try to catch it, impeded by their #3, Dick.
    Their Flanagan does take a mean corner tho. And free kick, remember at The Rec

Talking of Dick. I think there are far too many bookings in football these days, but the free-kick that was awarded by referee Walsh that led to our own goal equaliser was a sure-fire dead cert yellow. Dick just about scythed Paul Watson in half. Credit to Watson for getting up quickly & not rolling around beating the ground & to try & get the boy into trouble. Later in the game Dick might have walked for that but being relatively early in the game he didn't even receive a yellow.

At least we did score fro Jamie Robson's free kick.

One way or another we shouldn't be seeing Alloa Athletic again for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Yes I think he did try to catch it, impeded by their #3, Dick.
    Their Flanagan does take a mean corner tho. And free kick, remember at The Rec

Talking of Dick. I think there are far too many bookings in football these days, but the free-kick that was awarded by referee Walsh that led to our own goal equaliser was a sure-fire dead cert yellow. Dick just about scythed Paul Watson in half. Credit to Watson for getting up quickly & not rolling around beating the ground & to try & get the boy into trouble. Later in the game Dick might have walked for that but being relatively early in the game he didn't even receive a yellow.

At least we did score fro Jamie Robson's free kick.

One way or another we shouldn't be seeing Alloa Athletic again for a while.
    True enough hopefully no more Alloa for a while.

Every time when we’ve been down we’ve had troubles v the Dumbarton and Alloas - and I include in that when we were down in the 90s

We even dropped points v Brechin last season and scobbie had to bring down their man to avoid a potential loss - probably the closest they came to beating any team in the division!

Hopefully we are not in the championship next season when Arbroath will be competitive!!

Not just us who have had difficulties with Alloa this season, they are no mugs

However it would not surprise me if they made it difficult for County on Saturday in Alloa, the only thing is they have a game tomorrow against Inverness which could sap them a bit

However we need to be much better to get a win tomorrow, if we do things would be set to get very interesting again.

I just wish that we could put a gag on our players building up our chances in the press.....shoot ourselves in the foot every time!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    I just wish that we could put a gag on our players building up our chances in the press.....shoot ourselves in the foot every time!
    It's torture, who thinks anyone want to hear this?

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Its unlikely that players will tell the press that they are ****e and have no chance though, but yeah I get your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Its unlikely that players will tell the press that they are ****e and have no chance though, but yeah I get your point.
    The phrase "do your talking on the park" springs to mind here.

The phrase "do your talking on the park" springs to mind here.
    Best cliche and the one to be followed is - taking it one game at a time

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)