+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Going down!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Not sure I can face the lane now until end of season. My heart says maybe, my head says no way. We face financial ruin with empty stadiums, no TV money, no clear League cup, no Fa cup and just the FA trophy to look forward too. 1 local Derby against Chesterfield and a whole bunch of long distance travelling to godforsaken footballing grave yards.
    I've watched some chit, down the Lane over the years but that was easily the most frustrating, gut wrenching match I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Not this week - he got progressively worse as the game went on. Thought him and CMS were awful... but in good company.
    Despite what some would say, I'm not making him some kinda scapegoat , they are all fecking useless. For a club like ours to pay 300 grand though, I expected a lot , a fcuking lot more! For me he doesn't start next week.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Absolutely gutted. Thought we played ok until they went down to 10 men, then we had not a scooby how to break them down. We were planning to go to Stevenage but I'm not sure either can take it anymore. Oh, and Enzio , if there was a worse player on the pitch I would like someone to tell me who. Not even the most ardent of his fans can defend that performance
    Fair enough Pugwash, he was garbage today, and what makes it worst is that he should be exactly the sort of player who stretches teams who are down to 10. He didn’t go past a player the whole game.

He wasn’t the worse though, Kane Hemmings gave possibly the most inept performance I’ve seen from a Notts forward since Steve Scoffham.

The OP’s right, just can’t see a comeback from that.

Absolutely agree with this - I've watched some chit, down the Lane over the years but that was easily the most frustrating, gut wrenching match I've ever seen.

Steve scoffham did at least know where the goal mouth was

Enzios' & Gomis pace should scare the sheeet out of league 2 defenders.Typical Notts' play the wrong style to suit the players.
    Not defending him but just a thought

It was such one paced, going through the motions possession cr@p against 10 men. Simply not good enough, nobody willing to gamble and take a player on to open them up.

We certainly didn't deserve to win and the closest we got to scoring was a shot from the edge of the area from Tootle.

The late goal for them was extremely harsh mind, they had not had a sniff all game.

I am really struggling to see where the goals are going to come from to get us out of this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I've watched some chit, down the Lane over the years but that was easily the most frustrating, gut wrenching match I've ever seen.
    I just felt a stunned, numb sense of disbelief. It takes a poor team not to win the game when you are playing against 10 men for the last 70 minutes, but it takes a spectacularly poor team to actually contrive to lose it.

Can anyone at all explain to me why we bothered pumping money into our youth academy? Either the players are no good or the manager just simply refuses to playnthem? What happened to players coming through the ranks at the lane? Nearly every other League 2 outfit has one or two promising homegrown youngsters in the side, we have none. Shame on you hardy, shame on you youth academy leaders, shame on you Ardley!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Enzios' & Gomis pace should scare the sheeet out of league 2 defenders.Typical Notts' play the wrong style to suit the players.
    Not defending him but just a thought
    I don’t want to single the lad out, but f00k me Gomis was crap as well when he came on. We needed a big lump of a forward in the window, and we got a lightweight kid from Forest. Holy Jesus.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast