+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Going down!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    The damage financially yes but the team was 22nd when he took over he has taken 17 points out of 19 games.

That is shocking even a point a game would have had us one point from safety all he needed to do was have the form of a team in 16-18th and we’d stay up with ease.

He cannot stay he is clueless and if he does I won’t go and watch us and many others will do the same.

I am not in the camp of he must be given time if you can see someone is out of their depth they have to go he is going to get over half a season managing us and we will drop out of the league.

I’d have sacked him a month ago he talks and acts like a loser.
    Surely the definition of insanity is to continually appoint cr4p managers?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Surely the definition of insanity is to continually appoint cr4p managers?
    The problems run deeper than the manager, that’s been apparent before Ardley was appointed. What decent manager would come here anyway, it would be still the same old performances regardless of who’s in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    The problems run deeper than the manager, that’s been apparent before Ardley was appointed. What decent manager would come here anyway, it would be still the same old performances regardless of who’s in charge.
    Who would come here,when the Chairman goes on social media & slags off 4 of the interviewees,when down to the final 8.Word soon gets round

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Agreed. I need some anger management sessions jackal. You available?
    I'd love to claim some expertise in the field, but my philosophical attitude owes as much as anything to years of watching Notts County and getting angry about it myself!

I've called for a fair few managers' heads and with hindsight I would say I was justified in some cases, but less so in others. I try now to look beyond the inevitable emotions of Saturday night and ask myself, does this manager deserve patience and respect or not?

It takes a certain amount of nerve to defend the manager after a result as frustrating as today, because we all know what the MAD message board is like at times like this, but I'm not showing loyalty to Ardley for loyalty's sake. I've thought about this carefully over a number of weeks.

I've heard a succession of past managers who have given post-match interviews after defeats where you wonder if they were watching the same game and whether they are actually delusional. If you can't be honest with yourself as a manager about what you've seen and what is wrong, then you've got no chance of putting it right. Steve Thompson was probably the worst for that.

However, I don't hear delusion or nonsense from Ardley at all. I thought his assessment of what was right and wrong from today's game was honest and correct and remarkably clear-minded, given the emotions he must be feeling. He's a level-headed chap and the type of manager who I believe will need more time yet to turn things around and create a winning team. He's not your Martin Allen-style miracle worker. He's unlucky to have inherited the manager's job at a time when mistakes over many years are coming home to roost, but I'm not ready to pin the blame for that on him.

Let's try something different from the hire 'em fire 'em approach that has failed us for several years.
    Last edited by jackal2; 23-03-2019 at 08:02 PM.

17 points out of 19 games is sackable form, for sure. I wonder if he will set an unwelcome record of getting two clubs relegated in a season?

Anyone hear any rumours today about potential buyers? The players are due to be paid on the 28th, aren't they? Hard to see where the money will be coming from to pay them if there's no buyer lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    17 points out of 19 games is sackable form, for sure. I wonder if he will set an unwelcome record of getting two clubs relegated in a season?

Anyone hear any rumours today about potential buyers? The players are due to be paid on the 28th, aren't they? Hard to see where the money will be coming from to pay them if there's no buyer lined up.
    You might see a far worse performance next Saturday

I have arrived home 8.00 pm. Tired and shell shocked from what I've just witnessed. I don't think football has ever got me so down with the possible exception of a failed trial match for a division one side many years ago. I am devastated beyond belief. I really don't know what to say.

Not heard any 'takeover' rumours at all. It's been strangely quite, which is unusual and could be both good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Not heard any 'takeover' rumours at all. It's been strangely quite, which is unusual and could be both good or bad.
    Hopefully it means we're well into the exclusivity/confidentiality phase where the key protagonists can't say much!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    I have arrived home 8.00 pm. Tired and shell shocked from what I've just witnessed. I don't think football has ever got me so down with the possible exception of a failed trial match for a division one side many years ago. I am devastated beyond belief. I really don't know what to say.
    Denial:Anger:Acceptance.

Think I'm at the 'acceptance' stage as regards Nott's League status. I feel strangely calm, gooossssfraba.................

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast