+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Match ratings

Match ratings

Schofield - 6 - Can't remember him having to make a save
    Tootle - 6.5 - Got forward well and had our best chance, but no killer cross. Failed to link up with CMS
    Milsom - 6 - Got caught for the goal at the end, but otherwise steady
    Stubbs - 7 - Didn't have a lot to do, had one chance from a corner but blazed it narrowly wide. Plays as if he actually wants to win, which makes him stand out in this bunch
    Duffy - 6 - Didn't do a lot wrong, but if memory serves he was fault for not stopping the cross at the end along with Milsom
    Doyle - 5 - Not the messiah we were hoping for. A lot of sideways passes and his set pieces continue to disappoint
    O'Brien - 7 - The only player trying to make things happen, lost count of the number of shots he had that were blocked
    Rose - 5 - Not really working for him in midfield; hooked at H-T, perhaps unfairly
    Enzio - 4 - I've stuck up for Enzio when others have called him out, but today he was woeful. Hope their full back remembers to take him out of their pocket before the long journey home
    CMS - 4 - I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not a winger, but he's experienced enough to be better than that today. Should have been taken off at H-T instead of Rose
    Hemmings - 5 - Ran around, but always wanted to do the complicated rather than the simple and gave the ball away too often
    Subs:
    Stead - 5 - A season too far.
    Gomis - 5 - Did more in a couple of minutes than CMS did in 85.

Ardley - Nice guy, but his record is appalling. Always seems genuinely surprised that the opposition have turned up to make it difficult for us. His substitutions never affect the game and he will have to shoulder a lot of responsibility for our inevitable relegation because he's had over half a season to arrest the decline - and it's got worse. If we have a new owner for next season in the National League, I don't expect NA to be around to try to turn this tanker around.

Schofield 5 Looks shaky to me, and possibly at fault fo r the goal.
    Tootle 5 Rubbish.
    Milsom 6 Steady
    Duffy 6 Gets stick , but the d fence looks much better with him in.
    Stubbs 5 Worries me in possession
    O’Brien 7 Takes responsibility
    Doyle 5 I want the Lincoln and Mansfield Doyle back
    Rose 5 I want him back at right back.
    Enzio 4 Lookked like his mind has moved to next season
    CMS 4 Useless
    Hemmings 3 Worse than useless

Stead 5
    Gomis 4

Schofield 6
    Tootle 7 MOTM got forwards had our best shot on target.
    Milsom 6 did ok, steady
    Duffy6.5 has improved us overall
    Stubbs 6 solid enough
    Boudwijn 3 Abject
    O'Brien 7 joint MOTM played well, like a man who cares.
    Doyle 4.5 crap set pieces, nothing creative.
    Rose 5 No worse than anyone else
    CMS 4 I'm sure he tried but he was woeful
    Hemmings 6 led the line pretty well but in a three of the midfield doesn't overlap he will be constantly double marked.

Stead 4 terrible
    Gomis 5.5 not on long, we were crying out for pace, why give him only ten minutes.

I'm sure Ardley at a normal club with systems in place, a pre season, time to work on stuff without the pressure of relegation would be competent, but this is Notts in as big a hole as we've ever been in and he's just not bellicose enough to drag us out of it.
    It needed a Warnock / Allen type character to hold this shambles together.
    He shares the blame but blaming yet another manager for all our woes is the easy thing to do, the malaise runs deeper than that but what the answer is who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Schofield 6
    Tootle 7 MOTM got forwards had our best shot on target.
    Milsom 6 did ok, steady
    Duffy6.5 has improved us overall
    Stubbs 6 solid enough
    Boudwijn 3 Abject
    O'Brien 7 joint MOTM played well, like a man who cares.
    Doyle 4.5 crap set pieces, nothing creative.
    Rose 5 No worse than anyone else
    CMS 4 I'm sure he tried but he was woeful
    Hemmings 6 led the line pretty well but in a three of the midfield doesn't overlap he will be constantly double marked.

Stead 4 terrible
    Gomis 5.5 not on long, we were crying out for pace, why give him only ten minutes.

I'm sure Ardley at a normal club with systems in place, a pre season, time to work on stuff without the pressure of relegation would be competent, but this is Notts in as big a hole as we've ever been in and he's just not bellicose enough to drag us out of it.
    It needed a Warnock / Allen type character to hold this shambles together.
    He shares the blame but blaming yet another manager for all our woes is the easy thing to do, the malaise runs deeper than that but what the answer is who knows?
    Good ratings , good summary, good man.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Tootle 5 Rubbish.
    Milsom 6 Steady
    CMS 4 Useless

Stead 5
    Gomis 4
    Think the Tootle and Stubbs rather harsh?

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Think the Tootle and Stubbs rather harsh?
    Yeah possibly Stubbs. Tootle though bottled out of a couple of challenges in the first half, and his crossing was rubbish. Not that anyone would have got on the end of em if they were any good.

For me, Stubbs has the makings of a very good footballing defender, very much like his dad. Doyle spent a lot of time today picking up the ball from the back four when he might have been just as well getting forward and letting Stubbs start the attacks because the lad's short and long-passing is pretty accurate.

Tootle 5 Rubbish.
    Milsom 6 Steady
    CMS 4 Useless

Stead 5
    Gomis 4
    Tootle wasn't rubbish. In fact he was probably our best player. Despite being a fullback, he made more happen than any of our so-called forwards. It's impossible to pick out a killer cross when non of your forwards can win a header or move off the ball. Also, the lad seems to really care.

Yeah possibly Stubbs. Tootle though bottled out of a couple of challenges in the first half, and his crossing was rubbish. Not that anyone would have got on the end of em if they were any good.
    Toots certainly did bottle a few and his crossing was cak. If only we had a winger.

The match stats make painful reading. We had 21 efforts on goal apparently, but only 4 on target; Exeter had 3 efforts on goal and scored from their only effort on target.

It really does take a certain amount of genius to lose a game like that, so well done Notts!