+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bring back Brisley at Centre forward!!!

Bring back Brisley at Centre forward!!!

Sorry, but I am not joking!! For weeks we've had corners, crosses into the box and free kicks, and never looked like scoring from any of them. It's a long shot, but these are desperate times. Brisleys height in the opposing box may cause a bit more panic with the opposition's defenders. Alongside a poacher/goalscorer we may have more of a chance of nicking the odd goal. A bit like Ameobi last season.

Controversial I know but something needs to change?
    Last edited by tactition; 23-03-2019 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by tactition View Post
    Sorry, but I am not joking!! For weeks we've had corners, crosses into the box and free kicks, and never looked like scoring from any of them. It's a long shot, but these are desperate times. Brisleys height in the opposing box may cause a bit more panic with the opposition's defenders. Alongside a poacher/goalscorer we may have more of a chance of nicking the odd goal. A bit like Ameobi last season.

I think Brisket deserves a chance. With so much at steak, he might beef up the attack.

Shiiiit. You managed to edit Brisket out of the title!

Am I mistaken or is Stead our tallest player? Tho I've not seen him play for a while, I don't remember Briss being that tall?

You can not say that. Do you know that changing the team and set-up would cause us to be relegated as it is untried and how could it possibly work?!!

I am with you 100%. Something needs to change and if the kids can not get a chance, then lets try a big centre half as a centre forward. At least this way, then there is chance that we might win a header in the final third with the hoof ball that is favoured as the preferred tactic

Not sure if Stead is the tallest on his backside. Which he spends most of his time on!!!

Been saying this for about 6 weeks and today was a perfect example of why it needed to be done!

Give the kids a chance, we huffed and puffed to no effect. We might as well not take corners and free kicks, because we never score from them.

I agree that we need a target man, but I don't think we can expect Brisley to do what Shola did. I'd maybe throw him on for the last 5 mins, but starting a donkey CB as a striker is almost certain not to work

Anymore opinions, who agree, disagree. Or just think I am plain bonkers. I realise we are all probably all in shock after the defeat today.

I agree, he is no Shola and I wouldn't expect him to get a hatful of goals, but we don't appear to be able to play through teams . We have had a few donkeys upfront though that did quite well!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast