+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: San Marino v Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I think Duffy is the biggest loser in Scottish football. He must hold the record for relegating the most teams
    Aye, I always thought him the perfect life manager of Dundeh

I think Duffy is the biggest loser in Scottish football. He must hold the record for relegating the most teams
    An old pal of mines gave him his first job in management.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    That would be horrific... Duffy is just one of the gang and one of Chick's (sic) pals... Just look at the arse Duffy makes of himself after this shoot-out (pens) with the Mafioso jacket and remind yourself of the helicopter entrance at Easter Road.

Maybe a Dumbarton fan would argue (and we have one among us) otherwise as he's having an effect there but managing in front of one stand is his level. The Hibs job was too big for him...

How poor was Michael Watt? mind you, he never shat himself like a previous goalie, anyway, tbf Duffy was a very good player, manager I’m not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I find this hard to believe. You shouldn't mistake McCrae's lazy appointment of McLeish as a sign that no one else wants the job.

The appointment of McLeish was nothing short of cronyism, and is why McCrae should be held accountable for this decision.
    I would imagine the SFA pay less than celtic and sevco, the EPL and most english championship teams.

Of the remaining managers in the UK, that rules out most with champions league or decent europa league experience. Most managers will struggle at international level without some form of european experience.

It means you're looking at managers that were reasonable at one point, have been sacked and can't get a decent gig elsewhere.

The alternative is someone foreign - but without pals in the weegia you'll be criticised for keeping their mates out a job.

On top of that, player development has been neglected in scotland for 4 decades due to self-interests, and the sfa make theresa may's handling of Brexit look competent

Unless you get to a world cup or euro finals, international football is fu(king pointless these days.

Willie Miller knows the Scottish game inside out & the managers job is a motivational one for the most part. The players selected shouldn’t need any coaching whatsoever. Work out a system, kick them up the @rse & get results.
    He’s qualified
    He deserves it more than some of the folk that have had a go
    He couldn’t do any worse
    It’s a better job than the one he’s in.

Worth picking up the phone and asking him in my opinion, maybe even as a stand in to start

International management is seen as a pension top up for most managers. In the post Bosman / Champions League era, international football is little more than a novelty anyway.

Willie Miller
    He couldn’t do any worse
    It’s a better job than the one he’s in.
    t
    Watching fitba for free, getting paid to rip the piss oot of Dick Dung while drinking tea and eating biscuits

Sounds splendid

Id stick

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    International management is seen as a pension top up for most managers. In the post Bosman / Champions League era, international football is little more than a novelty anyway.
    I think the problem with being an international manager is it’s not even a stepping stone to a decent club job these days.

Chris Coleman got Wales to the semi finals of Euro 2016 and the only offer he got was a Sunderland team fighting relegation to League one.

Micheal O’Neill helped Northern Ireland qualify for their first tournament since 1986 and the only job he has been offered was the Scotland job.

So even if someone managed to get Scotland to the Euros or the World Cup I doubt they would get a decent job in club management.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789