+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The most deflating thing today

Quote Originally Posted by Masson4 View Post
    I found the interview with Matt Tootle straight after the game a difficult listen. So gutted, he could barely speak. The manager too - what is he really supposed to say in those circumstances? These exchanges are meaningless.
    Yeah, that Tootle interview at least showed me that some of our players care. You could see he was hurting, and almost lost for words as to what had happened. Maybe they are as baffled as we are.

Quote Originally Posted by eyepie View Post
    Where did you first meet him Navy?
    Well I didn't bump into him in a supermarket. If I really have to spell it out then Joe assumes right.

It doesn't feel any better in the morning and I can't stop bloody humming 'Close Every Door'.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yeah, that Tootle interview at least showed me that some of our players care. You could see he was hurting, and almost lost for words as to what had happened. Maybe they are as baffled as we are.
    of course there hurting like us, when things don't go right and confidence is low the players need our support not booing and jeering, ball game fans...(plenty of them on here) hero's after a good win, rubbish after a defeat, I wonder if some of you really want us to stay up or secretly enjoy wallowing in self pity.
    When you are down and in trouble, keep fighting.
    During a set back, don't sit back in self pity instead tell your heart to beat again!
    All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
    Self-pity takes away the strength needed to escape the predicaments you're in, don't pity yourself but start to empowering yourself daily and enjoy inner joy transfiguration.
    Never be victim of self pity and in the process expect sympathy from others.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Maybe they just aren't good enough? Sadly, that appears to be the reality.

They can hurt and be baffled as much as they like - doing something about it, not talking in platitudes & cliches, is the job of the manager, coaches and the players themselves.

Once again we face a critical finale to a season, 7 games to salvage League status. It may be as few as 7 or 8 points will do it - could actually be less, depending on Macc (Yeovil are pretty much gone in my view). Of late, as each game passes the task gets harder, the opportunities fewer and the belief dwindles all round. By the time we face MK Dons I'd say we need to be as close to 40 points as possible - if not, well, the abyss beckons. I still cling on to my season long maxim, "I just hope there are 2 worse teams than us". Been saying it since September.

Hard to see where the next victory is coming from - over to the manager, coaches and players. Prove the doubters, sceptics and thoroughly deflated wrong......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12