+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online banking...

Online banking...

What a pain in the arse this is,it's all right if you are a millennial and was born with a mobile in your hand but I was persuaded by my local bank to set one up to make my life easier and what did they do when I did,f@#king well closed my local branch
    I've been completing the application form for my early retirement and one of the first questions that they want to know is your bank details and the branch that gave it,well it closed two months ago so I don't know what to put but there was a live chat on my online banking so I decided to ask them,I couldn't make them understand what I wanted and they gave me the address of a bank in Leicester,sooo I decided to phone them up instead,no joy there either as they kept saying that the bank's wasn't open on a Saturday ffs,so now I've got to travel five miles away in my lunch break as I'm on 8-6 next week just to ask one f#@king question!!!

This is another example of computers saving banks money. It would take a human thirty seconds too solve your problem, but they would need paying etc.
    I was with LLoyds for thirty years then the Halifax, and now the Coventry building society, i get interest on my current account, but you cant open this type anymore i think, i could be wrong.
    The Coventry are excellent, i phone them up and they do what i want. The people i speak too cant do enough. The others are dreadful, especially the Halifax, they will sc rew the last penny out of you if they can.
    Steer clear.

The worst by far are Barclays, my ex wife was with them and they are seriously bad. I tried telling her, but you cant tell morons anything. They would give her more and more money and she got deeper into debt, and didnt connect the two. Needless to say we had separate accounts, and i did not bail her out. To this day i dont know where the money went. It cost me anyway by default.

Glad you are quitting Coco, freedom beckons. Try and keep up with your mates at work though.

Rocky. p.s, shop around for a new bank switching is easy.

It's Barclays that I'm with,I only set up with them years ago because they was at the end of my street and a two minute walk away,now my nearest branch is miles away,anyway to add insult to injury my sister visited today and I told her the story and she had the details that I needed as it was her bank as well
    I finish work in June and I'm looking forward to it,I haven't got any friends at work as they are just work collegues so I haven't even mentioned to them that I'm leaving,I've got seven numbers in my mobile and non are from work so I won't be missed

Well that's it,the application form as* been filled in and relevant documents put in the post so now it's a waiting game,there will be something somewhere that I've missed but I've stated that I want to finish on June 15th so plenty.of time to amend things if I have
    Coincidently I was talking to a work colleague yesterday and was astounded to find out that he had just applied for and got a mortgage,he's about five years older than me and can't understand why he do that at his age and even more so how he got a mortgage in the first place,he said that he's got to work until 75 to pay it off ffs! He must be bloody mad to take on such a big debt at his age and I'm surprised that the bank granted it

*one for kel there

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Well that's it,the application form as* been filled in and relevant documents put in the post so now it's a waiting game,there will be something somewhere that I've missed but I've stated that I want to finish on June 15th so plenty.of time to amend things if I have
    Coincidently I was talking to a work colleague yesterday and was astounded to find out that he had just applied for and got a mortgage,he's about five years older than me and can't understand why he do that at his age and even more so how he got a mortgage in the first place,he said that he's got to work until 75 to pay it off ffs! He must be bloody mad to take on such a big debt at his age and I'm surprised that the bank granted it

*one for kel there

Fu­ck off Chalky.

Firm but fair.

Good luck to him, he will have his own home, i value that highly. Life is about going forward in an optimistic way, even at his age i would see that as a first step to a drop dead gorgeous blonde wife with legs up to her ears, and five babies one after the other, even though i was studying a university course, and working nine to five as a fitness instructor, and having three affairs on the side.

I think you get my drift. The clocks ticking Chalky...how many wenches have you got on the go.? Has sue hit the buffers? By the way, the ratio of men to women at our age is in our favour to an amazing amount.

I think its due to married men being murdered by slow nagging etc by their wives. If you joined a dating club or whatever, they would be queing round the block. If i was in your fortunate position id have three lined up per day till the one came along.

Or just treat them like s ex slaves. Your life starts in june, make the most of it.

That's the point though Frank,he already owns his house and he's just upgrading,why put yourself through the agony of taking on a mortgage until he's 75 when he could comfortably retire whenever he wants,our job is a physical one and it's slowly.caught up with me,my knees ache so much some nights that much that I can't sleep unless I have a bath,then there's collecting the deceased,every year they get more and more my age and I wouldn't want to be still at work when they are regularly get to be younger than me,I doubt that his body will last until he's 75 tbh and he must be bonkers
    Sue is very much in my life even though we are 200 miles apart and I'm not interested in chasing other women around anymore,I can't be bothered with the hassle that goes with having a girlfriend,I've had love battered out of me now and living.on my own with a few trips down to the IoW suits me just fine

I am glad you are still with her. I must presume that one of the deceased you have had to pick up was called Notts County. Couldnt resist that one.

Notts aren't in the mortuary just get Frank but they are currently in ICU with no signs of life,I doubt that they will last through April,sad times indeed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)