+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stick or twist Al?

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Thats the problem.The Chairman thought he was playing Football Manager.If the players aren't carrying out orders pull them off,drop them,give the kids a go.More worrying is the players then not listening to the manager.Has he lost it?
    This and it’s spot on:

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Stick

The damage was done a long time ago.

At some point people need to realise that 39 times this season 11 players have crossed the white line and have delivered a winning result only 7 times under three different managers. They are ultimately responsible.

The real issues need to be sorted at the end of the season and just hope we can get out of this mess with what we have.

Twist.

That group of players is far better than that attacking performance, and certainly better than 0 goals in 3 home games. Players come in play well, then turn crap.

We’ve got 7 games to save our league status and unbelievably, we are still only 3 points off. Get Allen in, blimey I’d even give Nolan another go.

Would I think Ardley’s even the man to get us out of ****ional League? Nah.

Stick

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Which is correct and can’t really be debated. I just think that the manager (whoever it is) can only go so far. He can’t legislate for players missing one on ones, or not getting stuck in or winning second balls, playing the right pass, losing possession in the final third from mistakes or sloppy passes. The hunger, fight passion and desire has to come from the individual players themselves. That’s the mental side of the game. You can have the best players in the world but if they are not mentally sharp or strong they won’t win football matches.

Sports Psychologists need to pay a visit to Meadow Lane quickly to get the players heads in the right place for the remaining seven games.
    You expect errors in a game,naturally enough,but the Manager watches the opposition,finds their weaknesses & plays to it.If someone is not pulling their weight haul them off,switch positions around,try something different.Your the boss,the buck stops with you

I’m also wondering if playing at Meadow Lane is having an affect on the players in that they are scared to express themselves in case they make mistakes and the crowd turns on individual players?

[QUOTE=BigFatPie;39178793]Twist. , blimey I’d even give Nolan another go.
    ]

Hardy nearly did.The day after he sacked him

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    You expect errors in a game,naturally enough,but the Manager watches the opposition,finds their weaknesses & plays to it.If someone is not pulling their weight haul them off,switch positions around,try something different.Your the boss,the buck stops with you
    This football manager game is so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    I’m also wondering if playing at Meadow Lane is having an affect on the players in that they are scared to express themselves in case they make mistakes and the crowd turns on individual players?
    Seems like they have that problem on all football pitches !

The really worrying thing is a friend of mine witnessed hardy leaving the ground in a very upset state (didn’t we all) but said he appeared to of been crying !
    Let’s hope it was just the cr@p performance that had upset him and not other possibilities going on inside the club !

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    The really worrying thing is a friend of mine witnessed hardy leaving the ground in a very upset state (didn’t we all) but said he appeared to of been crying !
    Let’s hope it was just the cr@p performance that had upset him and not other possibilities going on inside the club !
    Just the feral scum having a go at him.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast