+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Enzio

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    a game where we had 21 shots on goal.
    No, 21 shots in the direction of the goal, only 4 were actually on target. I think that shows the problem with all the front players. All trying to walk the ball into the net, scared to take a shot.

Oh and as for Saturday then yes in my opinion Enzio was the worst player on the pitch. Didn't look interested and had a total lack of control with every ball that was played to him, either in the air or to his feet. I like Enzio and on his day he is a match winner but Saturday was not that day and he should have come off for someone who might of at least tried hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ReadWarbler View Post
    No, 21 shots in the direction of the goal, only 4 were actually on target. I think that shows the problem with all the front players. All trying to walk the ball into the net, scared to take a shot.

Oh and as for Saturday then yes in my opinion Enzio was the worst player on the pitch. Didn't look interested and had a total lack of control with every ball that was played to him, either in the air or to his feet. I like Enzio and on his day he is a match winner but Saturday was not that day and he should have come off for someone who might of at least tried hard.
    Oh, I get it.

Trying to defend him to some Notts fans is a lost cause because unfortuntely for him he will never look like Craig Mackail-Smith and he can't change where he was born...

It is rare that a post on here causes me any offence or enrages me sufficiently to remark on it - but this is, quite frankly, a disgraceful and utterly inappropriate comment. I think the poster should retract it and apologise accordingly. Alternatively, he should support his wild imputation with some substantive evidence.

Where is Swale when you need him?

Oh dear Delroy, you didn't just play the race card did you? I've not seen or heard one person state it's due to the colour of his skin all season, alot like him as a player but some say he's lazy which he can be in some games let's be honest.

Disgusting generalisation about Notts fans. Obviously we can't say he's lazy sometimes or we're being racist? I don't see anyone saying Rose is lazy as he isn't whereas sometimes Enzio is. Epic fail pal and also you're the only one bringing race into it, no one else is.

Trying to defend him to some Notts fans is a lost cause because unfortuntely for him he will never look like Craig Mackail-Smith and he can't change where he was born...

Niether of them looked very good yesterday but only one of them is getting any stick, same as usual. Even if you only watch the 2 minute highlight video, 3 of the 4 attacks we have come directly through him and one of them ends with CMS skying a chance over the bar.
    Blaming Enzio alone is harsh,there are many players equally as inconsistent as him. Unfortunately many fans believed him to be our saviour, media and managers proclaim his pace but he is a modest footballer and certainly not good enough to carry the fortunes of a poor squad on his own

Also spoke to two family members who went to the game, both said CMS was crap, missed the best chance of the game and should have got hooked at half time. And they're both white. Sorry but you're opinion belongs in the past with the racists.

It's like our lass manages alot of Asians at her work, as soon as she pulls one of them up on their lack of work they bring out 'it's cause I'm Asian you're picking on me' no it's cause you're **** at your job. ****ing makes my blood boil. How are we ever going to move on from those kind of attitudes on both sides when people still bring it up to play the victim thus starting the cycle again. Maybe Enzio is abit lazy, I used to think Craig Rammage was but it wasn't because of the colour of his skin. Grow up Delroy.

It's a belief I have held for some time (and have stated previously), not sure why anyone would be so vehemently offended by it unless they feel the need to defend themselves. I'm not saying every Notts fan is racist obviously, that would be absurd and it's not blatant racism, just some fans view some players with a tarred brush imo.

When you open your eyes it's clear enough to see it and there's plenty of examples of players being unfairly labelled as lazy going back as far as Craig Westcarr (who some people still seem to dislike whenever he played against Notts despite him talking so positively about his time here) people often moaned about his work rate when he put in no less effort than Ben Davies on the opposite wing and some people actually thought Hamshaw was a better player but I think that's just poor judgement more than anything else. Fans also complained about him wearing red boots back then too, he was even asked about it in an interview and looked dumbfounded.

I think it's largely due to our older fan base, it's not as noticeable at away games but it's plainly obvious in the Pavis stand when there's so many groans if someone like Enzio, or Snijders, or Aborah, or Boucaud, or Showunmi, or McLeod took a bad touch and then deafening silence when Mackail-Smith, Gavin Mahon, Jon Stead etc do the same. It's not just black or white either, most of Moniz's signings had people questioning whether they could handle English weather and moaning if they wore gloves, calling them soft, that's fairly common in football generally and is where the "could he do it on a cold tuesday night in Stoke" comes from.

I thought Enzio looked tired on Saturday personally but he still tried to do what he could whenever he got the ball other than an occasion that stood out in the first half where he was trying to win a freekick on the edge of the box and the linesman just laughed it off. As i've already stated, he clearly created opportunities for the team to score throughout the game, I don't remember Mackail-Smith doing a thing other than ballooning a volley into the family stand.

Hemmings has been called lazy on multiple occasions too this season, where's Swale at though? Clearly I'm just talking about all of these coincidences.

It's a belief I have held for some time (and have stated previously), not sure why anyone would be so vehemently offended by it unless they feel the need to defend themselves. I'm not saying every Notts fan is racist obviously, that would be absurd and it's not blatant racism, just some fans view some players with a tarred brush imo.

When you open your eyes it's clear enough to see it and there's plenty of examples of players being unfairly labelled as lazy going back as far as Craig Westcarr (who some people still seem to dislike whenever he played against Notts despite him talking so positively about his time here) people often moaned about his work rate when he put in no less effort than Ben Davies on the opposite wing and some people actually thought Hamshaw was a better player but I think that's just poor judgement more than anything else. Fans also complained about him wearing red boots back then too, he was even asked about it in an interview and looked dumbfounded.

I think it's largely due to our older fan base, it's not as noticeable at away games but it's plainly obvious in the Pavis stand when there's so many groans if someone like Enzio, or Snijders, or Aborah, or Boucaud, or Showunmi, or McLeod took a bad touch and then deafening silence when Mackail-Smith, Gavin Mahon, Jon Stead etc do the same. It's not just black or white either, most of Moniz's signings had people questioning whether they could handle English weather and moaning if they wore gloves, calling them soft, that's fairly common in football generally and is where the "could he do it on a cold tuesday night in Stoke" comes from.

I thought Enzio looked tired on Saturday personally but he still tried to do what he could whenever he got the ball other than an occasion that stood out in the first half where he was trying to win a freekick on the edge of the box and the linesman just laughed it off. As i've already stated, he clearly created opportunities for the team to score throughout the game, I don't remember Mackail-Smith doing a thing other than ballooning a volley into the family stand.

Hemmings has been called lazy on multiple occasions too this season, where's Swale at though? Clearly I'm just talking about all of these coincidences.
    Nobody is lazier than Duffy, he just falls over rather than run a few yards ( sometimes very effectively)

Of course it's offensive to say Notts fans are picking on Enzio cause he's black, it's a joke tbh. You're also picking your points to back you up, have multiple people on here and at the ground said Stead is past it, can't run, can't head, a season too far, is crap. Is that cause of the colour of his skin? I'm sure there are racist Notts fans but there are bad minorities in every group, I'm sure there are racist black people towards whites but I'd never use that fact to generalise against a group of people.

Like I said I've also heard people say to me about CMS being the worst player in Saturday and only that Enzio had a bad game. How are we ever going to put the race issue to bed when it's brought up all the time?

Like I say I agree that this country in the past and still might have an issue with foreigners and race (look at Brexit, puts on tin hat) but I don't think you can say people saying someone looked lazy (maybe he was tired) is due to them being black. Sorry don't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Also spoke to two family members who went to the game, both said CMS was crap, missed the best chance of the game and should have got hooked at half time. And they're both white. Sorry but you're opinion belongs in the past with the racists.

It's like our lass manages alot of Asians at her work, as soon as she pulls one of them up on their lack of work they bring out 'it's cause I'm Asian you're picking on me' no it's cause you're **** at your job. ****ing makes my blood boil. How are we ever going to move on from those kind of attitudes on both sides when people still bring it up to play the victim thus starting the cycle again. Maybe Enzio is abit lazy, I used to think Craig Rammage was but it wasn't because of the colour of his skin. Grow up Delroy.
    In fairness to CMS, he made many short runs from inside the box, outwards towards Tootle or the corner, he never got a pass and Tootle couldn't cross the ball into the space CMS had made

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast