+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Enzio

Enzio seems to be getting all the flack he is a league 2 player of course he is going to have poor games.

What about when he was injured for 2 months who stepped up ????

Nobody has 95% of them have been a disgrace so to single one player out is out of order.

What is the betting he plays for someone in league 2 next season and does well i'd say its nailed on.

We have a clueless hoof it in charge with poor coaches who seem untouchable that is the problem.

It is quite amazing - we are at the foot of the table, where we have been for a fair chunk of the season - yet some people continue to look for excuses for under performing, inadequate players. I agree it may be unfair to single out individuals - but it ios the fact that peopl still try to claim that Boldewijn is some sort of class act that grates with the rest of us.

Boldewijn has been pretty cr@p for most of the season! He has the odd flourish in the odd game and he scores an occasional spectacular goal. His output for 90 mins on a pitch is absolutely dreadful. His failure to take people on, beat a man, use his pace, get accurate crosses in, create meaningful chances & trouble the keeper, (regardless of which side of the pitch he plays on,) makes him a liability/luxury tbh. Of course he's inconsistent, he's a L2 player, and an average one at best - not the aspiring Championship star some try to make out.

I remember reading tosh about how we would improve when him and Tootle were fit again, how, "if we play him in the right place" we'll be fine etc etc. He's in the right place - on the pitch, with a ball at his feet - and he's fairly useless. Will it take relegation and another dire season for it to dawn on some that Boldewijn is actually not the player they believe he is/was? Yes, he could be more effective in a better side with more pace and mobility around him, that is for sure. Our problem is that we rely on him for the pace and mobility & he fails to deliver far too often.

Our team of "old men" regularly struggle against younger, stronger, fitter opposition. Teams have learned to put 2 men in midfield to counter Doyle and O'Brien - Morecambe did it very effectively for example (Vaughan not O'Brien on that day) - and we have nothing up front to trouble half decent defenders.

Totally agree about poor management and coaching - successive regimes have failed to produce any decent quality, consistency or indeed entertainment out of this bunch. Incredible really.

Are the players being paid ? Because I can think of no other reason why Boldewijn is sauntering around like he is at the moment.

It’s was like he was having a big mardy sulk in front of 9000 people.

He was so lethargic I thought he was on drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    He was so lethargic I thought he was on drugs.
    He was so lethargic I thought he was in a coma.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    He was so lethargic I thought he was in a coma.
    He was so lethargic I thought McParland was giving the team talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    He was so lethargic I thought McParland was giving the team talk.
    McParland is like Pep compared to Ardley’s time here without doubt one of the worst managers I have seen here only here by default now.

Enzio has been poor recently, I can't deny that but I don't think he's lazy and I don't think we're using him well.

He looks lazy because he has a strange, loping running style. Someone like CMS who has a bustling running style looks like he's working ten times harder but the end result is pretty much the same.

Here are all Enzio's goals and assists from last season.

https://youtu.be/FGCDV82c_jQ

What strikes me straight away is how in pretty much all the good work he did for Crawley (and the same applies to his goals for us this season if you think about it) is that he runs from deep and has already reached full speed, the ball is played in front of him, defenders are back pedalling and there's a bit of space. He rips them to bits and finishes. Basically he's a counter attacking player.

We park him high up on the wing, give him the ball into feet or with his back to goal, from a standing start, with the opposition full back and wide midfielder both within 5 or 10 yards of him and say "Ok Enzio just beat two men on a sixpence then either whip an assist in or score a goal please" - he can't, he's not a tricky diminutive number 10.

If we keep giving him the ball in those positions, he'll keep not doing anything with it.

In a normal team his weak points wouldn't be so obvious but all of our attacking players have the same problem. They're quick, skillful and can play on the counter, but we don't have either a crafty poacher who can pick the lock or an ugly brute who can kick the door down, hence we spend 90 minutes knocking on the door. (I've mangled that metaphor to death there but you get the gist).

If we sneak a goal via a deflection, long range shot, opposition mix up or penalty we're a good team now and usually go on to win. If we don't get the breakthrough we can't carve teams open if we play all day, so we're basically ****ed.

Over to you Mr Ardley to find the solution in the next seven games.

Trying to defend him to some Notts fans is a lost cause because unfortuntely for him he will never look like Craig Mackail-Smith and he can't change where he was born...

Niether of them looked very good yesterday but only one of them is getting any stick, same as usual. Even if you only watch the 2 minute highlight video, 3 of the 4 attacks we have come directly through him and one of them ends with CMS skying a chance over the bar.

I think he will be a revelation in the National league

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast