+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Enzio

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Enzio

How long can the manager select him based on what he is capable of doing instead of what he is actually doing ( or not doing )

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyisgod View Post
    How long can the manager select him based on what he is capable of doing instead of what he is actually doing ( or not doing )
    I think the same can be said of Hemmings, he struts around like he’s not bothered.

I’ve defended Enzio the entire season but not today. He looked completely disinterested and not bothered, lacked any kind of hunger, desire or fight to win the ball. A disgraceful and unacceptable performance in the black and white shirt.

As I said on another thread if he doesn’t want to play for the club then he should not bother turning up for work on Monday and let someone else take his place in the team next Saturday.

On that showing he should be dropped. Or be given one more chance next week to respond to the backlash that will come from today’s showing.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I’ve defended Enzio the entire season but not today. He looked completely disinterested and not bothered, lacked any kind of hunger, desire or fight to win the ball. A disgraceful and unacceptable performance in the black and white shirt.

As I said on another thread if he doesn’t want to play for the club then he should not bother turning up for work on Monday and let someone else take his place in the team next Saturday.

On that showing he should be dropped. Or be given one more chance next week to respond to the backlash that will come from today’s showing.
    He looked inhibited and lacking in confidence to me. I don't think he's handling the pressure well.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    He looked inhibited and lacking in confidence to me. I don't think he's handling the pressure well.
    This

Are you navypie, are you navypie, are you navypie in disguise?

To be fair Enzio was absolutely hopeless today, it was his worse performance in a Notts shirt by far, but in a team struggling to create a chance who do you play as a better option? I know some will say Sam Osborne, but how many games has he played against this sort of opposition? It's easy to look good against reserve teams, but the step up to league 2 is a big one. I like what I've seen of Osborne and hope he will play a big part next season, but despite his dire performance today I still think Enzio is the better option.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Maybe that could be the case Jackal, and in the morning or once the anger has subsided I may think differently. However in the immediate red mist of anger from us not taking a golden chance and a gift on a plate to claw our way up out of trouble and from observing the game that is how Enzios performance seemed to me.

Succinct but spot on. Enzio has been very poor in recent weeks (maybe rushed back from his injury?) and would have benefitted from a spell on the bench. Ironically, I could have seen him coming on today and making a difference as an impact player against a tiring defence. Instead, he looked knackered after 30 minutes and spent most of the game looking for nonexistent free kicks. Him and CMS combined didn't add up to a winger today. What has Osborne done wrong in training that he doesn't even merit a spot in the squad? And where's the consistency on the bench? Patching came on at the end of last week, but wasn't even in the 18 today.

We never got behind their defence today, but they got behind ours several times in the first half (like that farcical moment when they tried to walk the ball into the net) and that fateful moment in the 93rd minute. Unfortunately, too many of our players were passing the buck rather than the ball when we got into decent positions.

Enzio is crap . The biggest waste of money for a club like ours since Ricky Green.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Enzio is crap . The biggest waste of money for a club like ours since Ricky Green.
    A bit unfair on Tony Hackworth.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast