+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The most deflating thing today

The most deflating thing today

Was seeing my lad. I see this as a journey for both of us that's why I share our the story on here. I have never seen him so
    disappointed as he was today.
    Last edited by navypie; 23-03-2019 at 08:26 PM.

Nah, the result.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Was seeing my lad. I see this as a journey for both of us that's why I share our the story on here. I have never seen him so
    For me it was the anger and vitriol from the Kop at the end of the match. Not sure what I was expecting after such a poor showing but it wasn't that.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    For me it was the anger and vitriol from the Kop at the end of the match. Not sure what I was expecting after such a poor showing but it wasn't that.
    I don’t think that was solely to do with today’s result more a culmination of at least the two previous home games in which we had failed to score along with the other abject home performances this season.

I hate to think what it will be like if and when we are confirmed relegated and it’s a home game. Or maybe by then the anger will have gone and we will be in stage 3 - acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    You have my sympathy. I have been a fan for 49 years and the defeat today was bloody hard to take, so it must be far worse for a youngster. All I can say is that if he gets through this, he'll be eternally afflicted by the same disease many of are.

ps I renewed my season ticket before the game. As gutted as I am at the moment, if they offered a refund I'd still turn them down.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I don’t think that was solely to do with today’s result more a culmination of at least the two previous home games in which we had failed to score along with the other abject home performances this season.

I hate to think what it will be like if and when we are confirmed relegated and it’s a home game. Or maybe by then the anger will have gone and we will be in stage 3 - acceptance.
    I've changed my mind about being in the 'acceptance' stage. If we can re-think Brexit, surely we can reconsider FLexit? A re-run of the season? Relegation by referendum? *rustling of straws*

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You have my sympathy. I have been a fan for 49 years and the defeat today was bloody hard to take, so it must be far worse for a youngster. All I can say is that if he gets through this, he'll be eternally afflicted by the same disease many of are.

ps I renewed my season ticket before the game. As gutted as I am at the moment, if they offered a refund I'd still turn them down.
    I used to think me and my dad were big Notts fans until I met my son.

Where did you first meet him Navy?

Quote Originally Posted by eyepie View Post
    Where did you first meet him Navy?
    I would assume when his wife gave birth...

I found the interview with Matt Tootle straight after the game a difficult listen. So gutted, he could barely speak. The manager too - what is he really supposed to say in those circumstances? These exchanges are meaningless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast