+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Will anyone buy us? Yes? No?

I'm presuming that the season ticket price freeze would have come from Hardy which is surprising if there was a real chance of a takeover in the next few weeks,I would have thought that would be left to the new owners?

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    I'm presuming that the season ticket price freeze would have come from Hardy which is surprising if there was a real chance of a takeover in the next few weeks,I would have thought that would be left to the new owners?
    That’s a real treat keeping a price freeze for football at a lower level you have to be a moron to announce that with the mess we are in.

I’m guessing their won’t be many takers I mean why would you not exactly anything to look forward to as things stand.

Notts' prices are on par with other teams in Vanarama.I see Leyton Orient are losing £45k pw

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Heard any whispers about the sale of the club, Bridge4?

I've heard nowt???
    I knows nothing c.g.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    That’s a real treat keeping a price freeze for football at a lower level you have to be a moron to announce that with the mess we are in.

You saying it was Hardy's idea then?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    You saying it was Hardy's idea then?
    He is still the owner and he likes to make shall we say naive decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post

I’m guessing their won’t be many takers I mean why would you not exactly anything to look forward to as things stand.
    I was one of the takers. It was something I was always going to do regardless of cost or the division we play in. What I have to look forward to is taking my support for the club I have loved for 49 years into the half century. I am fully aware that it could well mean more heartache and disappointment, but I am a stubborn old bugger who isn't prepared to throw the towel in just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I was one of the takers. It was something I was always going to do regardless of cost or the division we play in. What I have to look forward to is taking my support for the club I have loved for 49 years into the half century. I am fully aware that it could well mean more heartache and disappointment, but I am a stubborn old bugger who isn't prepared to throw the towel in just yet.
    I should add that in typical Notts fashion, my season ticket renewal before the Exeter game wasn't without a problem. I joined the queue at the ticket office, handed over 11 x £20 notes plus a tenner (£230 for us loyal elderly fans) and was asked whether I wanted collection or postage. I rarely go near Meadow Lane apart from match days, so I opted for postage. I was told thank you, your ST will be posted. Seeing as I had handed over £230 in cash, I asked for a receipt. The reply was "Sorry, the system (Big Al's new state of the art hi-tech system) doesn't let us print a receipt for cash sales". In the end Tim Bradd ripped an envelope in half, and wrote on it that he had received the sum of £230 from me and added his signature! Good enough for me, but I don't think too many casual customers would be impressed!

Much as I disagree with a lot of what you say I admire your devotion to the club

I should add that in typical Notts fashion, my season ticket renewal before the Exeter game wasn't without a problem. I joined the queue at the ticket office, handed over 11 x £20 notes plus a tenner (£230 for us loyal elderly fans) and was asked whether I wanted collection or postage. I rarely go near Meadow Lane apart from match days, so I opted for postage. I was told thank you, your ST will be posted. Seeing as I had handed over £230 in cash, I asked for a receipt. The reply was "Sorry, the system (Big Al's new state of the art hi-tech system) doesn't let us print a receipt for cash sales". In the end Tim Bradd ripped an envelope in half, and wrote on it that he had received the sum of £230 from me and added his signature! Good enough for me, but I don't think too many casual customers would be impressed!
    Sure it's already been mentioned elsewhere, but how much of a coincidence is it that season tickets went on sale the week before staff salaries had to be paid? Elite, you may have just paid for a day's "labour" by David Vaughan.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast