+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will anyone buy us? Yes? No?

Best of luck with that one then!

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Nobody with any brains, or money, will buy us until they know which league we are playing in - that is an absolute certainty!

Still waiting for the big announcement ......

Just for completeness, to those who keep saying Hardy reckoned a potential buyer had £900m available, didn't he retract that and said he'd seen a twitter remark indicating that they had that sum, not that he'd got any had evidence of it (or, have I just dreamed that)?
    He specifically said that he'd seen one of the party's proof of funds showing £900 million.

As I've said on other threads, given the position the club is in on and off the pitch, buying Notts would only make sense to someone with huge amounts of money. First you have to take on the debt, then you have to somehow fund the club with dwindling gates in the National League. It has to be a rich man's play project or nothing at all. My guess is nothing at all.

I can't see a moderately wealthy businessman (like Hardy or Trew) touching us with a barge pole after what's happened this season. It's a surefire way to lose your money - and most likely your dignity.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I stand by what I've always said. Anybody who buys a lower league football club is stark raving bonkers.

You have about a 5% chance of success, in which case the skill is to know exactly when you're nearing your club's glass ceiling so you can sell and take the adulation and (less likely) the profit. If I'm Luton's owner, for instance, I'm selling this summer!

For the other 95% you face about a year (if you're lucky) of support and praise from the club's supporters, followed by a gradually building campaign of disgruntlement when it becomes evident that you're just the latest incumbent who can't fulfil the fans' lofty dreams. And if you gamble to try to achieve the miracle and change that trend, then your chances of failure increase to 99% and you end up being a figure of hate.

Anybody fancy a go?
    Spot on.

I fancy a go Jackal 100%, now I just need the money...…………...

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I fancy a go Jackal 100%, now I just need the money...…………...
    It's always the minor technical issues that get in the way!

Ha ha true mate! You'd all end up hating me eventually but I'm confident of delivering at least one good season before it all goes wrong. I will also promise not to go on social media although may come on here to run potential players and managers past Durham first to see if they're "crap" or not ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Ha ha true mate! You'd all end up hating me eventually but I'm confident of delivering at least one good season before it all goes wrong. I will also promise not to go on social media although may come on here to run potential players and managers past Durham first to see if they're "crap" or not ha ha
    If you get the winning ticket, just remember not to take your phone with you when you have a bath.

Ha ha I'd at least have enough bubbles to cover any embarrassment don't worry mate. I also pledge not to watch us train and state that you're all in for a treat.

Nobody in their right minds. There are many more promising clubs in which to pi55 away your money.

Smaller clubs than ours have made the Premier league, Bournemouth for example. Their fan base is less than our, and I don't believe a seaside resort is a hotbed for young talent.But they have stuck with a young manager and have managed to have become a competitive side in the top division.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast