+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Will anyone buy us? Yes? No?

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    Smaller clubs than ours have made the Premier league, Bournemouth for example. Their fan base is less than our, and I don't believe a seaside resort is a hotbed for young talent.But they have stuck with a young manager and have managed to have become a competitive side in the top division.
    Bournemouth have a Russian billionaire backing them. But yes, no doubt, the consistency of their managerial policy has helped to turn that financial backing into success on the pitch.

I've lost all belief so my answer is no to survival and no to anyone buying us as the bullsh1t has worn thin

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    I've lost all belief so my answer is no to survival and no to anyone buying us as the bullsh1t has worn thin
    au contraire, big bob, the bullsh*t is now over the top of your wellies.

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    Smaller clubs than ours have made the Premier league, Bournemouth for example. Their fan base is less than our, and I don't believe a seaside resort is a hotbed for young talent.But they have stuck with a young manager and have managed to have become a competitive side in the top division.
    Are they smaller than us though ?

They have the advantage of a Russian billionaire living in the Sandbanks area who has funded them and they are also a one town club it wouldn’t happen here as Forest are miles bigger with more potential than us some might not like that last comment but it’s a fact.

Howe is a superb manager too which helps and has done a great job we just employ misfits time after time.

An example of this is we had Moniz/Kewell who want to play attacking football they both replaced hoof it merchants in Derry/Nolan so it will take time to change the style and as results aren’t good enough for some they are sacked and two more hoof it misfits arrive in Fullarton/Ardley and then people wonder what is going wrong !

You are more likely to have success if you are an attack minded manager than a negative one imo.

The parallels with Trew are staggering - two bidders in a race to the finish, a fabulously wealthy somebody who had apparently shown no previous interest, complete radio silence, guesses about 'due diligence' at a time when we're not remotely appealing. I wish there was someone but I'm just not buying it. Last time round it became pretty obvious it was just Big Al roaring it the Twittersphere and no one else. I desperately hope I'm wrong.

I can't see the Likelihood of relegation putting off people who were already interested. Things are virtually no different to when he announced we were for sale.

Anyone who thinks Notts is a good invesgment for someone is deluded. If you 'clear the debt' then great but it costs you a bomb before you even get through the door. How many other 'project' clubs at this level carry as much debt (loan or otherwise)? Then you need almost an entire new playing staff and infrastructure. And you have to pay off the last lot, of which there are far too many for our level on and off the pitch.

The potential support point is a non-starter to me. Yes crowds have been good under Hardy but the averages are boosted by giveaways etc. They're a good marketing exercise if you're doing well, but we aren't, so how many will come again? Even last time out in the top flight we averaged just over 11,000.

We simply would not be anywhere near sustainable on the way to the championship. The losses to get a fresh start would be horrific, the journey there - even if we broke the habit of a lifetime and got it right - would cost just as much. If you want to be in the championship and you can afford it then just buy a championship club.

Someone with 900 million 'in the bank' wouldn't just sit politely waiting for the incumbent goofball to be ready to sell, they would just make an offer. As much as we are the oldest league club we were also the oldest league club when Scardino came in, when the trust limped along without outside interest, when only Munto were around, when RT saved the world and when Hardy did the same. It didn't draw in eccentric billionaires then so why should it now? Let's face it over the last decade we've spent probably half the time with owners who wanted rid even when we weren't officially on the market.

This is as dire as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Yes

There are always people who want to buy football clubs. It’s finding the right one that is more of a challenge.

As bad as we maybe on the field right now you’ve got to look at it from an investment perspective and a long term.

What makes Notts an attractive proposition compared to say a championship club that someone could buy;

1.) League Position - Buying Notts is going to be far less than buying a championship side so you have saved money there.

2.) Location - Nottingham is the biggest city in the East Midlands and has a far greater population and potential to attract fans if the club is doing well on the field. We can get five figure gates at the bottom of the league. That speaks volumes.

3.) Debts - To us it may seem like the club has a lot of debt, which maybe the case. But compare this to a lot of clubs and it’s not that large. Clear this debt (not loan money to pass onto the next owner) and you’ve got a club with a firm foundation to go forward.
    N
    4.) Fan Base - We have a core 6,000 which is generally equal to the size mid table league one clubs. So you’ve got that foundation as a minimum.

5.) Owner Ego - What football owner does not want to be a hero and want adulation from the fans? How much of a hero would you be if you took a club from the bottom of league two or non-league to knocking on the door of the championship or even into the Championship. They’d be far more of a hero than if they brought a championship club and stabilised them in that league.

6.) The Challenge / A project - Tied in with the owner ego. Football is a rich mans hobby they are not in it to make money and lots of business men love a good challenge. Taking a club up a few leagues is a good challenge and more exciting than buying one at a higher level and keeping and maintaining them at the same level.

7.) Stadium - We might not own our ground but there is a lease that lasts for another 5 generations. Also the ground is Championship ready. So there is no investment to be made in the stadium apart from upkeep and general maintenance. This is a big attractive one as it means finances can be purely spent or directed to the playing side of the club.

8.) History - More a sentimental thing than financial but still there is a rich history. If someone understand football and it’s history then a club like Notts has an abundance of it
    Spot great analysis, there are too many so called Pundits on this Board expounding thier views which more often than not a vindictive triage of of abuse at Big Al. Yes, l think we are all aware he has messed up somewhat but it was not intentional of that l am sure. Why should he mess up selling the club, when if he did any chance of getting any percentage of hi personal investment back is gone.

So just be patient, give him the opportunity to get the best price he can for the club and at least give him some credit because without his intervention after the Trews Reign we would have already been buried.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard_Bresslaw View Post
    This is as dire as it gets.
    Good to see some positivity Bernard. So you are saying that we've hit rock bottom, and now the only way is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Good to see some positivity Bernard. So you are saying that we've hit rock bottom, and now the only way is up.
    Who says things being as dire as they get is being negative? Stop putting words in my mouth Elite!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Spot great analysis, there are too many so called Pundits on this Board expounding thier views which more often than not a vindictive triage of of abuse at Big Al. Yes, l think we are all aware he has messed up somewhat but it was not intentional of that l am sure. Why should he mess up selling the club, when if he did any chance of getting any percentage of hi personal investment back is gone.

So just be patient, give him the opportunity to get the best price he can for the club and at least give him some credit because without his intervention after the Trews Reign we would have already been buried.

Heard any whispers about the sale of the club, Bridge4?

I've heard nowt???

Terry Pritchard is the man to be asking

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast