+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Port Vale facing Administration

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Who said Big Al is skint?
    Rumour has it,that someone else paid the wages last month

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    But this does not 'necessarily' mean that he is personally 'skint'
    Yes but the cash cow that was Paragon has departed, was it not Paragon that was footing the bill for Big AL's dream?
    The Holy Grail is now nothing but a Rusty Cup , so if he has any money of his own , why would he invest it in Notts ?
    If He's no longer generating reams of cash , I doubt he's got enough to throw into a Money Pit that Notts are !!
    I for one could / would not blame him if he stopped investing what cash he's got left, when I say investing I mean pi55ins it up the wall ....................!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post

I for one could / would not blame him if he stopped investing what cash he's got left, when I say investing I mean pi55ins it up the wall ....................!
    Agreed!

Yes but the cash cow that was Paragon has departed, was it not Paragon that was footing the bill for Big AL's dream?
    The Holy Grail is now nothing but a Rusty Cup , so if he has any money of his own , why would he invest it in Notts ?
    If He's no longer generating reams of cash , I doubt he's got enough to throw into a Money Pit that Notts are !!
    I dare say he hasn't the personal wealth to keep throwing money at us & common sense would suggest that now Paragon no longer back us we are ****ed, however AH is (compared to the average fan) relatively rich & although some may paint him otherwise a true fan which to me at least gives me hope that he will not give up easily in his attempt to keep this club alive.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I dare say he hasn't the personal wealth to keep throwing money at us & common sense would suggest that now Paragon no longer back us we are ****ed, however AH is (compared to the average fan) relatively rich & although some may paint him otherwise a true fan which to me at least gives me hope that he will not give up easily in his attempt to keep this club alive.
    Al will certainly carry on paying the bills while there's a good chance of us being sold, and him ob getting some of his dosh back. If that possibility goes out the window, then Gawd only knows.

:d:d:d
    Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    al will certainly carry on paying the bills while there's a good chance of us being sold, and him ob getting some of his dosh back. If that possibility goes out the window, then gawd only knows.
    But that's the whole point.
    Why would he keep investing cash when we are going to get relegated.
    When we are officially none league, the club wont be worth a fraction of the money he will be pumping in to keep us afloat.
    He will be throwing good money after bad , I cant see where there point for Big Al to be doing this is ?
    Like I say if you were in his shoes would you s punk your money up the wall knowing you are not going to get it back ?????

:d:d:d

But that's the whole point.
    Why would he keep investing cash when we are going to get relegated.
    When we are officially none league, the club wont be worth a fraction of the money he will be pumping in to keep us afloat.
    He will be throwing good money after bad , I cant see where there point for Big Al to be doing this is ?
    Like I say if you were in his shoes would you s punk your money up the wall knowing you are not going to get it back ?????
    Said elsewhere.It is believed a 3rd party paid the wages last month,but they won't this month

Are we certain that it was Notts draining money off Paragon and not the other way round? Paragon seemed to be a thriving business that suddenly collapsed, could it be that AH smelled smoke and knew he couldn't keep both afloat so he kept his favourite toy and elbowed his broken one? Hardy did say he hired a manager of sorts to look after Paragon which then started to sink rapidly, he said hiring that man was the worst thing he ever did in business. His hiring of this incompetent manager was done so he(Hardy) could concentrate more on making Notts County a success, he said.

Alan Hardy also has his golf club to amuse him, there is no indication of that closing down so it could just be that it was Paragon that drained the cash and not Notts, which he could afford to support fiancially.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Are we certain that it was Notts draining money off Paragon and not the other way round? Paragon seemed to be a thriving business that suddenly collapsed, could it be that AH smelled smoke and knew he couldn't keep both afloat so he kept his favourite toy and elbowed his broken one? Hardy did say he hired a manager of sorts to look after Paragon which then started to sink rapidly, he said hiring that man was the worst thing he ever did in business. His hiring of this incompetent manager was done so he(Hardy) could concentrate more on making Notts County a success, he said.

Alan Hardy also has his golf club to amuse him, there is no indication of that closing down so it could just be that it was Paragon that drained the cash and not Notts, which he could afford to support fiancially.
    No.....I would say its definately us that was the Money pit !

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post

Not much luck hiring managers has he?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12