+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hindsight

Hindsight

Is a wonderful thing! Looking back my view is that we were right to sack Nolan, the problem areas were there for the second half of last season and not addressed, either then or in the close season.
    Watching the pre season friendlies told me that the players were clearly not fit and, as such, weren't able to compete over 90 minutes so the trigger was pulled on Nolan.
    Enter Kewell who's approach was abrasive and alienated some players, but maybe it's because he was shrewder than given credit for, realising who would drag the club down and who would fight for it. Hardy stepped in and bulleted Harry because he was his own man and wanted to do it his own way - that applies to both of them and one had to go. Had Kewell stayed I believe that we wouldn't be in this trouble now.
    The hindsight bit is that I didn't disagree with Kewell being sacked and I reckon that I got that one wrong but there's no way we can ever know now and we can look forward to the pit of misery that awaits us in the National League.

I agree with this and believe Kewell would not have had us in the relegation places.

I couldnt care less if he upset the players who have then snitched on him to Hardy that shows you the real character of them all....they seem happy with Ardley as he appears a soft touch and his cringeworthy "im angry" comments.

We are getting exactly what we deserve.

Pavis favourite saying "hindsight is a wonderful thing"

Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    Is a wonderful thing! Looking back my view is that we were right to sack Nolan, the problem areas were there for the second half of last season and not addressed, either then or in the close season.
    Watching the pre season friendlies told me that the players were clearly not fit and, as such, weren't able to compete over 90 minutes so the trigger was pulled on Nolan.
    Enter Kewell who's approach was abrasive and alienated some players, but maybe it's because he was shrewder than given credit for, realising who would drag the club down and who would fight for it. Hardy stepped in and bulleted Harry because he was his own man and wanted to do it his own way - that applies to both of them and one had to go. Had Kewell stayed I believe that we wouldn't be in this trouble now.
    The hindsight bit is that I didn't disagree with Kewell being sacked and I reckon that I got that one wrong but there's no way we can ever know now and we can look forward to the pit of misery that awaits us in the National League.
    Apologies Observerpie, I've just posted almost identical thoughts about Nolan on another thread without having seen yours first.

I wasn't sure about sacking Kewell either. The story was that the players and coaching staff didn't like him, but since when was it a requirement for a manager to be liked? Perhaps he was cold, calculating individual who told them all a few home truths which they needed to hear whether they liked it or not. if so, then the story so far suggests he was right.