+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If We Can Beat Coventry On Saturday

If We Can Beat Coventry On Saturday

I give Sunderland and Portsmouth no more than a 20% chance of overtaking us .

We will have a 7 point lead over Pompey who will have a game in hand and an 8 point lead over the Mackems who will have 3 games in hand .

Heading in to the home straight the pressure on both of our two closet rivals will be immense and Sunderland have to play 6 games within the next 20 days .

There maybe some value in whoever wins next Sunday's EFL Trophy may get a boost , that said Sunderland face back to back away games following the EFL trophy final , Accrington on the Wednesday and at Rochdale a week on saturday , both are fighting for their lives and will be up for it against the Mackems .

Portsmouth go to Wycombe on the saturday following the final and nobody's found it too easy at Adams Park .

Interesting to note that Sunderland host Portsmouth on the penultimate saturday of the season at the SOL .

Win next saturday and we can almost sniff the prize in my opinion .

I take the obvious point that we ourselves need to keep going and not hand over any momentum or hope to the two chasers , any slip up and they cash in could just tip the scales back towards them .

I reckon 14 points from the 21 available should just about do it for us .

I wouldn't mind a bit of extra time followed by a penalty shoot out at next weeks final.

I reckon we can afford a couple of push backs.

5 wins 'll do it any less n' it's squeaky bum time.

Coventry lose
    Burton lose
    Fleetwood draw
    Shrewsbury draw
    Plymouth lose
    Blackpool lose
    Bristol Rovers lose
    80 pts and in the play offs, KTF !!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I give Sunderland and Portsmouth no more than a 20% chance of overtaking us .

We will have a 7 point lead over Pompey who will have a game in hand and an 8 point lead over the Mackems who will have 3 games in hand .

Heading in to the home straight the pressure on both of our two closet rivals will be immense and Sunderland have to play 6 games within the next 20 days .

There maybe some value in whoever wins next Sunday's EFL Trophy may get a boost , that said Sunderland face back to back away games following the EFL trophy final , Accrington on the Wednesday and at Rochdale a week on saturday , both are fighting for their lives and will be up for it against the Mackems .

Portsmouth go to Wycombe on the saturday following the final and nobody's found it too easy at Adams Park .

Interesting to note that Sunderland host Portsmouth on the penultimate saturday of the season at the SOL .

Win next saturday and we can almost sniff the prize in my opinion .

I take the obvious point that we ourselves need to keep going and not hand over any momentum or hope to the two chasers , any slip up and they cash in could just tip the scales back towards them .

I reckon 14 points from the 21 available should just about do it for us .
    Can see Pompey taking them apart at Wembley, hoping so and it then also deflates Sunderland.
    Also think remain unbeaten will be enough (obviously need some wins in that though)

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Coventry lose
    Burton lose
    Fleetwood draw
    Shrewsbury draw
    Plymouth lose
    Blackpool lose
    Bristol Rovers lose
    80 pts and in the play offs, KTF !!
    That's got to be worst case Shirley

Thall get Shirley coochicoo
    Posh int final and win 6 nowt !

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Coventry lose
    Burton lose
    Fleetwood draw
    Shrewsbury draw
    Plymouth lose
    Blackpool lose
    Bristol Rovers lose
    Rubbish ! We'll gerra point against Blackpool.

Only thing that concerns me is that we haven't had that sticky run of form that Luton had right at the beginning of the season. Portsmouth and Sunderland had just over christmas and after. We've had the odd defeat here and there.

With the pressure and the goals drying up. Are we about to feck it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Only thing that concerns me is that we haven't had that sticky run of form that Luton had right at the beginning of the season. Portsmouth and Sunderland had just over christmas and after. We've had the odd defeat here and there.

With the pressure and the goals drying up. Are we about to feck it up?
    My early season tip ( dark horses ) Blackpool coming good , weer doomed a tell thi wi weer doomed !