+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: feeling flat

feeling flat

I know we won, we got three points, didnt lose any ground in fact did what we had to, but i somehow feel deflated, with luton and portsmouth winning we didnt make any inroads, but i think it is because we have not played well in our last two games and did not deserve a victory against walsall, but we have and i am pleased. we have to get back to the team we really are and keep second place

I completely agree - not our best performance but good move for the winning goal

I thought the same until I watched the game again. We had alot of possession, shots charged down, hollywood passes going astray.

We didn't do the basics but the quality was evident. None more so than the winning goal.

If Mowatt panics there we draw.

I wasn't overly impressed either but Thiams miss and some good blocks gave Walsall some confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I thought the same until I watched the game again. We had alot of possession, shots charged down, hollywood passes going astray.

We didn't do the basics but the quality was evident. None more so than the winning goal.

If Mowatt panics there we draw.

I wasn't overly impressed either but Thiams miss and some good blocks gave Walsall some confidence.
    It's reight what tha sayin mate but Walsall exposed our weakness by hitting us on the counter which accounts for the possession stats. We committed too many men forward imo, left ourselves wide open at times. However the main thing for me was the lack of cohesion in midfield. Barring Mowatt the other lads never got to grips with the game and neither did they offer our defenders an easy out ball enough times, hence the Hollywood passes. Cavare impressed me, especially with one amazing run where he carried the ball a good 60 yards and I think it led to Thiams 1st half effort struck at the keeper

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It's reight what tha sayin mate but Walsall exposed our weakness by hitting us on the counter which accounts for the possession stats. We committed too many men forward imo, left ourselves wide open at times. However the main thing for me was the lack of cohesion in midfield. Barring Mowatt the other lads never got to grips with the game and neither did they offer our defenders an easy out ball enough times, hence the Hollywood passes. Cavare impressed me, especially with one amazing run where he carried the ball a good 60 yards and I think it led to Thiams 1st half effort struck at the keeper
    No doubt Stendel went for broke yesterday and gambled with our shape and tactics .

Give any team 40 yards of space to knock the ball in to with willing runners and only two centre backs facing them up and they will look penetrating .

Got some bottle Stendel because that could have backfired spectacularly yesterday and we could have lost 3 or 4 nil .

It paid off , thankfully and I credit Stendel for having a big pair of b@llax and having belief in his team .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    No doubt Stendel went for broke yesterday and gambled with our shape and tactics .

Give any team 40 yards of space to knock the ball in to with willing runners and only two centre backs facing them up and they will look penetrating .

Got some bottle Stendel because that could have backfired spectacularly yesterday and we could have lost 3 or 4 nil .

It paid off , thankfully and I credit Stendel for having a big pair of b@llax and having belief in his team .

It was a bold move by Stendel, no doubt about it. Bit suicidal for me though and next time we probably won't be so fortunate. If we're gonna play like that then we need to create far more chances than we did otherwise it's not worth the risk in my opinion.

Coventry and Blackpool at hone now give me the most worries. Crowd expectations, teams challenging and still
    Looking at play offs with one eye.... We need to take our early chances or there’ll be more nails gone!!

The long unbeaten runs of the top four indicate the poor quality of the rest of the league. It'll come darn to who holds their nerve and ez that portion of luck like we did at Walsall on Setdi.

Win all 7 , we mite get second oyle