+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Top 4 club players

Top 4 club players

Based on form throughout this season, how many and which of our players are good enough to start in one off the top four teams. I’d say only 4:
    Schar
    Lejeune
    Almiron
    Rondon
    (ask me again about Longstaff in a year’s time)

I really like Rondon, but I don't think he's good enough to play at City or Liverpool.

I think the others are spot on.

None.....

They are ours and we need them.

They are only good enough to play at the level they can take US to.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    None.....

They are ours and we need them.

They are only good enough to play at the level they can take US to.
    They are better than the level they can take us to as they are brought down to the average of the whole team most of whom are of a lesser standard than the top players.

I'm sure Toptoon is asking a hypothetical question of which of our top players have the class to perform at the top and a few of them as named above obviously would stand a chance.

Yes they are still ours and we need them but the top ones can be compared with players from current top teams surely.

Ok. Joselu, Atsu, Murphy, Aarons, Lazzaar, Diame, Ki, Shelvey, Manquillo

They can all cherry pick that lot!

��

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Ok. Joselu, Atsu, Murphy, Aarons, Lazzaar, Diame, Ki, Shelvey, Manquillo

They can all cherry pick that lot!

��
    So which top clubs would be scrabbling for a pick form those.

Any with an owner as tight as Ashley... so...... err...... none....

I like Rondon but i don't think he should be on that list.

We play a system that is designed for him but there are much better than him for the system. A top 4 club with money would go for one of those.

The others, i'd agree with.

I did think long and hard before putting Rondon on the list. I love Ritchie but his crossing isn´t as consistent as it could be and I think Rondon would score a lot more with better crosses coming in. Rondon´s a goal scorer though - I think he´d thrive in a top four side.

As starters, I'm not sure any of them could if I'm being honest.

In fairness, I don't think we've seen enough of Almiron to judge him properly. Lejeune would be the closest, I think. As Jammy says, Rondon is great for us, as is Schar but I'm not sure top four is their level.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)