+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Relegation or dragging ourselves out of this?

Relegated at Easter and frankly deservedly so.

I feel for the fans who have backed Notts since the 1950s - to have lived that long, to witness this, is very cruel. IMO we are more likely to do a Stockport, or a York, than 'bounce back' from relegation to the National League any time soon. And why oh why would anyone want to buy Notts, soon to be an ex-league club, mired in debt, with no leadership on or off the pitch??

For me it's time to concentrate on everything else life has to offer and not dwell on things that us fans can not change.

FUBAR, sooner it ends the better, we all hope the players will turn but i just can not see it.

My view is the prevalent one now I think - we are going down & deservedly so. We have been given so many chances only to fail miserably again & again. The players simply do not have the 'fight for every last morsel' mentality required to win a relegation scrap.

Meanwhile, the way things are going at the bottom of L2 it is quite possible that one club (Macclesfield?) will survive with a remarkably low number of points.

More chance that Brexit won't happen.

I can only think of a handful of games this season where the result wasn’t the correct one (MK Dons away, and Swindon and Bury at home, which we deserved to win or draw; Exeter at home, where we deserved to draw; and Carlisle, Oldham and Port Vale at home, which we deserved to lose), otherwise I’d say we’ve got exactly what we deserved in every other game - making this a thoroughly merited relegation.

We haven’t been unlucky this season, we were just outrageously lucky for that spell at the start of 2017/18. And maybe you also make your own luck in football by consistently trying to do the right things and working hard, as we were doing during that time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234