+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reinstate Donsdaft

Reinstate Donsdaft

OK .... we dinna ken what reason brought tae bear the banning o' Donsdaft ... but we learned that there is indeed an admin somewhere who has the power tae decide who we are allowed tae associate with.

Truth 1: This forum is only active because the members contribute to discussions.

Truth 2: Myself and others accept that some members' posts will not resonate with our own beliefs ... but we get on with it.

Truth 3: Some members are in a perpetual 'personality conflict' .... and it gets fkn boring at times .... but we keep reading, keep posting, keep this site alive ... just ... because ... we love/like it ... even the perpetual spats .... and as tedious as some spats may be, we would not wish any from either side of said 'spats' banned.

Truth 4: No evidence is available regarding the decision to ban Donsdaft. So .... there are two sensible ways to go here ...
    .... route 1 .... make it public regarding the reason for his ban ... so we might all know where the landmines lie ... or at least give us a fυckin generic hint ...

or .... apply the same criteria to us remaining members ... and hae a fυckin guid gander at fi yer left wi'!

Perspective statement 1 .... Donsdaft posted some right shiτe myself and prob the majority o' posters disagreed wi ..... but the 'disagreers' had the means tae tell him he wis speakin shiτe ... that's the beauty o' a forum .. and the fkn ugliness as well! but we're aa here cos we want tae be ... we are aa free tae fack aff if we desire/decide.

Perspective statement 2 .... The beauty o' a fitba forum is that it's the only place far ye can voice certain opinions that would be jist WRANG ... wi a fυckin capital 'W' on other forums ..... and yet ... there are still limits ... racism?
    fυck off. Overt ***ism? fυck off. Threats of physical injury? (other than fair an' square gos doon the Pitt) .. fυck off.

... As far as I can gauge, bein at least a reader o' this forum, every other 'ism' is either enjoyed as humour, or called out as offensive ... and the result is always sensible ... ie. the thread either thrives .... or dives.

In a nutshell .... we are a diverse bunch o' radges .... but somehow, we do, even at our lowest, fly high enough to look down on the Manky Molloys, the Pikey Joots, the Newborn Huns, etc ...

And in that vein, and against the backdrop I have presented, ..... I ... and I suspect others on this forum ... want to know ..... who banned Donsdaft? Why? .. and in the absence of that knowledge? Why are all of us 'non-donsdafts' still here? for how long? who decides? should we care? and if we all decide that "we are all donsdaft" and refrain from posting ... essentially banning ourselves .... banning your site really ... cos .. no posts? no forum!

Anyway ... to withdraw from the confrontational tone of the latter half of that last paragraph, I humbly request that the decision to ban Donsdaft, that guy who pissed me off more often than he made me laugh, be reconsidered, and better still, overturned for the good of the 'bigger picture' .... even if aforementioned banned person was no more than a speck of fly **** unnoticed on the lower left, unsunlit, aged corner of the dull hued frame around said bigger picture.

We need all sorts here ... otherwise we might as well meet once every six months and let our 'back of the car' nodding dogs set the tone.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    OK .... we dinna ken what reason brought tae bear the banning o' Donsdaft ... but we learned that there is indeed an admin somewhere who has the power tae decide who we are allowed tae associate with.

Truth 1: This forum is only active because the members contribute to discussions.

Truth 2: Myself and others accept that some members' posts will not resonate with our own beliefs ... but we get on with it.

Truth 3: Some members are in a perpetual 'personality conflict' .... and it gets fkn boring at times .... but we keep reading, keep posting, keep this site alive ... just ... because ... we love/like it ... even the perpetual spats .... and as tedious as some spats may be, we would not wish any from either side of said 'spats' banned.

Truth 4: No evidence is available regarding the decision to ban Donsdaft. So .... there are two sensible ways to go here ...
    .... route 1 .... make it public regarding the reason for his ban ... so we might all know where the landmines lie ... or at least give us a fυckin generic hint ...

or .... apply the same criteria to us remaining members ... and hae a fυckin guid gander at fi yer left wi'!

Perspective statement 1 .... Donsdaft posted some right shiτe myself and prob the majority o' posters disagreed wi ..... but the 'disagreers' had the means tae tell him he wis speakin shiτe ... that's the beauty o' a forum .. and the fkn ugliness as well! but we're aa here cos we want tae be ... we are aa free tae fack aff if we desire/decide.

Perspective statement 2 .... The beauty o' a fitba forum is that it's the only place far ye can voice certain opinions that would be jist WRANG ... wi a fυckin capital 'W' on other forums ..... and yet ... there are still limits ... racism?
    fυck off. Overt ***ism? fυck off. Threats of physical injury? (other than fair an' square gos doon the Pitt) .. fυck off.

... As far as I can gauge, bein at least a reader o' this forum, every other 'ism' is either enjoyed as humour, or called out as offensive ... and the result is always sensible ... ie. the thread either thrives .... or dives.

In a nutshell .... we are a diverse bunch o' radges .... but somehow, we do, even at our lowest, fly high enough to look down on the Manky Molloys, the Pikey Joots, the Newborn Huns, etc ...

And in that vein, and against the backdrop I have presented, ..... I ... and I suspect others on this forum ... want to know ..... who banned Donsdaft? Why? .. and in the absence of that knowledge? Why are all of us 'non-donsdafts' still here? for how long? who decides? should we care? and if we all decide that "we are all donsdaft" and refrain from posting ... essentially banning ourselves .... banning your site really ... cos .. no posts? no forum!

Anyway ... to withdraw from the confrontational tone of the latter half of that last paragraph, I humbly request that the decision to ban Donsdaft, that guy who pissed me off more often than he made me laugh, be reconsidered, and better still, overturned for the good of the 'bigger picture' .... even if aforementioned banned person was no more than a speck of fly **** unnoticed on the lower left, unsunlit, aged corner of the dull hued frame around said bigger picture.

We need all sorts here ... otherwise we might as well meet once every six months and let our 'back of the car' nodding dogs set the tone.
    I sent a message to the admin (but as of yet no reply) asking for him to be reinstated. As you say as such above, we need all different types of opinions and characters to make this forum interesting. So much for freedom of speech on an internet banter forum.
    Someone must have reported him....c’mom put your hands up and explain why?

I've always found this forum a bit of a clique. To many folk thinking they are smarter than they actually are. I liked Donsdaft…. I am Donsdaft !!.

In the absence of an explanation from the mods (unlikely I fear), would the precious flower who made the complaint (cause that's fit must hae happened) have the intestinal fortitude to come on here and detail what horrific aberration from DD promoted such action?

Probably not.

Imagine getting that offended by something somebody posted on a fitba message board on the internet...

I let Donsdaft know of the existence of this thread and the universal man love declared for him - post banning.
    He asked me to pass on to you all that you are a "bunch o' poofs"
    😍

Donsdaft is a bit of a chunt at times but I can think of a few posters that deserved a ban before him.

This site is proper ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Donsdaft is a bit of a chunt at times but I can think of a few posters that deserved a ban before him.

This site is proper ****ed.
    What are the rules regarding getting banned?
    Is it subjective or objective?
    Is it sine die?
    FFS........it is supposed to be a banter forum, however it is called footymad......I genuinely really like my fitba.......I help/watch and support as much as I can........in the big scheme of things whether it be amateur/junior/senior.......there is not an abundance of talent in our wee country, I accept that, if a wee petal has taken offence at a post.......well, sums things up.......whataboutery 1-banter 0

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    I let Donsdaft know of the existence of this thread and the universal man love declared for him - post banning.
    He asked me to pass on to you all that you are a "bunch o' poofs"
    ��
    Tell him I'm getting my Vinylize elsewhere now as I'm offended by his comments and I'm glad he's banned. If he wasn't banned already I would have complained and got him banned like the sniveling blouse weasel c@nt that did

Has he not got a bit of previous on other footymad boards? I think he got himself banned fae the Scotland board to if I mind right so maybe it isn't the fault of anyone on abmad. He'll be in meltdown anyway with this brexit date creeping closer and closer.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Has he not got a bit of previous on other footymad boards? I think he got himself banned fae the Scotland board to if I mind right so maybe it isn't the fault of anyone on abmad. He'll be in meltdown anyway with this brexit date creeping closer and closer.

He was always looking for someone to be offended. To be fair, his homophobic pish wasn't that funny. I can see why someone might genuinely be offended.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast