+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hunt

Hunt

Is he on a one year contract? If so, should his contract be renewed?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Is he on a one year contract? If so, should his contract be renewed?
    Even though i like Hunt I think the writing was on the wall for him when we kept saying we had no cover at full back and signed two of them.

Don't think he's a strong enough CB to be considered a full option there either.

The word seems to be that Perry and George May be on their way and, with Raynes surplus to requirements, this would leave us needing at least 2 more at the back, even assuming some of the lads currently out on loan are retained.

Hunt has been pretty reliable when called on all season and his form shows no sign of dropping off, unlike Raynes. He also doesn’t seem to have been agitating for more first team football. Given that loans don’t seem to have found favour with some fans (see multiple other threads on this forum!), I would offer him a 1 Year extension, something he was happy to sign last summer.

For me, he is calmness personified and that's exactly what we have needed in our defence. I would say that he is comfortable at full-back AND centre. I believe he's worth another year.

So we had George instead of Hunt - what did I say about calmness? DA says that hindsight is easy. Well, quite a lot of people around me at the match were irritated, even angry about the decision to not play Hunt, in favour of Easy. So, as I said, I think Hunt should get at least another year.