+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff

Cardiff

refusing to pay for the poor guy who lost his life... WOW..

I can see what Cardiff mean if paperwork was not completed Alf.

If I was an owner of a Football Club and I'd purchased a player lock stock and Barrel, I would have made sure he got a "proper" flight, even if I'd have to pay for it myself, not some iffy one or two prop flimsy plane with a pilot who obviously was not up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    refusing to pay for the poor guy who lost his life... WOW..
    Sadly he remains a guy who lost his life irrespective of whether Cardiff pay or not.

The guy goes back in atrocious weather to say goodbye to teammates.

The onus on his safety rests with himself; his manager and both football clubs.

Seems everyone failed.

Cardiff would want to safeguard their finances in the same way we would.

I can see Burnley doing the exact same thing if the circumstances were reversed.

The French club wanting the transfer money is no different from Cardiff not wanting to pay.

So the moral aspect is a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    Sadly he remains a guy who lost his life irrespective of whether Cardiff pay or not.

Seems everyone failed.

I can see Burnley doing the exact same thing if the circumstances were reversed.

The French club wanting the transfer money is no different from Cardiff not wanting to pay.

Well said Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I can see what Cardiff mean if paperwork was not completed Alf.

If I was an owner of a Football Club and I'd purchased a player lock stock and Barrel, I would have made sure he got a "proper" flight, even if I'd have to pay for it myself, not some iffy one or two prop flimsy plane with a pilot who obviously was not up to it.
    My understanding is that Cardiff were prepared to pay for a scheduled flight but the lad himself didn't fancy it, so asked for a private jet instead, he is an international footballer after all, but somewhere in the chain of events it seems that corners were cut, I don't think the lad himself, Cardiff or Nantes could have anticipated what occurred, and no doubt similar is happening all over the world all the time, but 99.9% of the time they get away with it.

Seems to me a bit of after-timing is going on, people being wise after the event. Proper flights, scheduled flights with reputable airlines go down, even Concorde ffs. Suppose he'd have been on a scheduled BA or AirFrance flight say and that had gone down, it happens, then people would have been saying, cheapskates, why didn't they book him a private flight, they could afford it. Well they did and look what happened. Just saying like.

Seems everyone failed.

I don't see that morality has any part to play in this. I don't know the exact legal situation but surely that is all that matters. If he had signed for Cardiff and all the correct paperwork had been completed and he was a registered, bona fide Cardiff player in every respect, then Cardiff should pay up. If the deal had not been finalised and there are some grey areas, then presumably it's up to the respective legal teams to put their case to a judge in a court of law to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I don't see that morality has any part to play in this. I don't know the exact legal situation but surely that is all that matters. If he had signed for Cardiff and all the correct paperwork had been completed and he was a registered, bona fide Cardiff player in every respect, then Cardiff should pay up. If the deal had not been finalised and there are some grey areas, then presumably it's up to the respective legal teams to put their case to a judge in a court of law to decide.
    Of course that is the legal aspect as you have stated.

The morality to which I refer is that the lad is dead and both camps are fighting over money.

Dead player--no one gets him--its just the money which is fighting over his dead bones.

I see that as a moral issue old son.

Under the circumstances both parties walking away from any form of payment seems the moral way to behave.

But I understand that's just my view and others will think differently.

My understanding is that Cardiff were prepared to pay for a scheduled flight but the lad himself didn't fancy it, so asked for a private jet instead, he is an international footballer after all, but somewhere in the chain of events it seems that corners were cut, I don't think the lad himself, Cardiff or Nantes could have anticipated what occurred, and no doubt similar is happening all over the world all the time, but 99.9% of the time they get away with it.

Seems to me a bit of after-timing is going on, people being wise after the event. Proper flights, scheduled flights with reputable airlines go down, even Concorde ffs. Suppose he'd have been on a scheduled BA or AirFrance flight say and that had gone down, it happens, then people would have been saying, cheapskates, why didn't they book him a private flight, they could afford it. Well they did and look what happened. Just saying like.
    I have a pretty decent respect for your intelligence sinkov. I could not see thee or me climbing on board a bag of knackers with one single pilot in the seat in the middle of a cold, miserable winter night in January could you?

Of course that is the legal aspect as you have stated.

The morality to which I refer is that the lad is dead and both camps are fighting over money.

Dead player--no one gets him--its just the money which is fighting over his dead bones.

I see that as a moral issue old son.

Under the circumstances both parties walking away from any form of payment seems the moral way to behave.

But I understand that's just my view and others will think differently.
    Of course you can judge the situation from a morality point of view if you like, that is one aspect of it. I'm just pointing that where there are contracts, legal and financial obligations to be honoured and lawyers involved, as there must be, then morality plays no part in it, and that is where the argument lies now. Whether one side or the other is acting morally or immorally is irrelevant in a court of law, which is where this is going.

Of course you can judge the situation from a morality point of view if you like, that is one aspect of it. I'm just pointing that where there are contracts, legal and financial obligations to be honoured and lawyers involved, as there must be, then morality plays no part in it, and that is where the argument lies now. Whether one side or the other is acting morally or immorally is irrelevant in a court of law, which is where this is going.
    And the winner is---?

Well, its not the player.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)