+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: the Leeds Utd Fairs cup semi final games

the Leeds Utd Fairs cup semi final games

has anyone ever saw highlights of the games?

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    has anyone ever saw highlights of the games?
    I have, but a long long time ago.

Remember in the second game at Dens, Jackie charlton at that time would come up for corners and try and impede the goalkeepers.
    When Leeds got a corner, Ally Donaldson jumped up and fisted the ball away with one hand, and at the same time rapped charlton in the pus with the other hand,
    .charlton never came up for any corners after that !

Name:  CLqHlD5XAAAxnfw.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  97.1 KB
    new kop was getting built at Elland rd

G. I was in first year at the stobbie so I remember it well , big Ally did punch Jackie charlton in the pus at a corner,but I really can’t remember it being on the telly mate , don’t think it was

Quote Originally Posted by num1adi View Post
    G. I was in first year at the stobbie so I remember it well , big Ally did punch Jackie charlton in the pus at a corner,but I really can’t remember it being on the telly mate , don’t think it was
    Not sure if it was on TVs, I worked in Leeds in 1970, so maybe saw highlights whilst I was in Leeds ?

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    I have, but a long long time ago.

Remember in the second game at Dens, Jackie charlton at that time would come up for corners and try and impede the goalkeepers.
    When Leeds got a corner, Ally Donaldson jumped up and fisted the ball away with one hand, and at the same time rapped charlton in the pus with the other hand,
    .charlton never came up for any corners after that !
    I think that the first leg was at Dens. One of my father’s pupils was at the second leg at Elland Road he brought back a programme for my father from the game. I have the programme in a box somewhere.

First leg was definitely at dens

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Not sure if it was on TVs, I worked in Leeds in 1970, so maybe saw highlights whilst I was in Leeds ?
    Match was in 68

Quote Originally Posted by num1adi View Post
    Match was in 68
    I know when the match was played, but I attended a few Leeds supporters clubs when I worked there in 1970 and old games were always being played in various clubs.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)