+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Missing Piece of the jigsaw?

We have had so many jigsaw pieces this season, but have been unable to solve the puzzle.

I picked a game at random to compare the starting XI to Saturday's against Exeter, and was amazed to see that there was only one player who played in both games, Milsom - and he was in a different position.

Team against Carlisle on November 27:
    Fitzsimons, Davies, Turley, Ward, Jones, Patching, Hewitt, Milsom, Thomas, Husin, Dennis

And Saturday's team:
    Schofield, Tootle, Stubbs, Duffy, Milsom, O'Brien, Rose, Doyle, Stead, Hewitt, Boldewijn

I struggled to remember who Davies even was - and still can't remember his first name (begins with H maybe?).

Is that a record for a Notts team? Almost an entire new team in the space of just 4 months midway through the season.

We're missing the picture too, and the people trying to solve the puzzle are border-line cretins.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    We're missing the picture too, and the people trying to solve the puzzle are border-line cretins.

We're missing half the jigsaw, the box with the picture on and a table to solve it on. Also the finished picture is a pile of horse chit.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    We have had so many jigsaw pieces this season, but have been unable to solve the puzzle.

I picked a game at random to compare the starting XI to Saturday's against Exeter, and was amazed to see that there was only one player who played in both games, Milsom - and he was in a different position.

Fitzsimons, Davies, Turley, Ward, Jones, Patching, Hewitt, Milsom, Thomas, Husin, Dennis

And Saturday's team:
    Schofield, Tootle, Stubbs, Duffy, Milsom, O'Brien, Rose, Doyle, Stead, Hewitt, Boldewijn

I struggled to remember who Davies even was - and still can't remember his first name (begins with H maybe?).

Is that a record for a Notts team? Almost an entire new team in the space of just 4 months midway through the season.
    IT was Keston Davies, was it not? So, "K", I think.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Would it be fair to say that we are missing a physical, 6 foot 5 centre forward who can bully defenders (like that guy from Newport)a proper 'number 9'. We put so many balls in to the box on Saturday with no outcome. Or would we have been best off keeping Dennis as more of a 'fox in the box?'.

In league 2, you need one or the other, probably the big bully to be fair. Our strikers seem to be more like number 10's than number 9's.
    Yes, it's been the biggest problem all season. We never replaced Shola, this left us vulnerable defending set pieces, ineffective from our own and without his hold up play we didn't hold the ball up leaving 1in 3 strikers Hemmings and Dennis, ( check their stats) in limbo. We haven't been able to break incisively as he had a great touch, occupied two defenders and played others in.
    Why none of our three managers haven't signed a big, ideally mobile target man is a complete mystery. We've been in a relegation battle all season and like all relegation teams when we run out of ideas or are desperate for a goal in the last fif**** and start pumping the ball in we've no presence in the box.
    Absolutely catastrophic, brainless lack of planning. Add in no centre half cover after Ben Hall got crocked pre season and for me there's the two main reasons for our relegation, yes relegation, no way are we saving ourselves this season, they haven't got it in them.
    The cretinous recruitment and utter squandering of a huge budget is such a waste, words fail me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    To be fair, our strikers seem to be more like number 2s.

And I'm not talking right backs.
    You mean shyte...

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Strangely enough Lincoln fans aren't very pleased with Akinde, he scores a lot of penalties but not much from open play. Anyway yes he's big, strong and mobile and would have made a massive difference to this team.

Jayden Stockley always struck me as a great target man, not as powerful as Akinde but maybe a better footballer.

The frustrating thing is that if we had a player like that we could make the breakthrough then really hurt teams on the counter, but unless we can convert a defender or even pick up an out of contract target man we'll never know.
    You seem to forget that we have "fall on yer ar*e Stead", He is our target man The man to score us the goals and get us out of this mess. On second thoughts He would would struggle to score on forest road...

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    ... the people trying to solve the puzzle are border-line cretins.
    Border-line? That's generous.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post

And Saturday's team:

We looked like a team of midgets on the opening day against Colchester so how we’ve managed to go through all those players and STILL not find a half decent big bloke to play up front is a mystery.

Not as big a mystery as why Kane Hemmings tried to lay the ball off when he was about 2 yards in front of goal though.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Yes, it's been the biggest problem all season. We never replaced Shola, this left us vulnerable defending set pieces, ineffective from our own and without his hold up play we didn't hold the ball up leaving 1in 3 strikers Hemmings and Dennis, ( check their stats) in limbo. We haven't been able to break incisively as he had a great touch, occupied two defenders and played others in.
    Why none of our three managers haven't signed a big, ideally mobile target man is a complete mystery. We've been in a relegation battle all season and like all relegation teams when we run out of ideas or are desperate for a goal in the last fif**** and start pumping the ball in we've no presence in the box.
    Absolutely catastrophic, brainless lack of planning. Add in no centre half cover after Ben Hall got crocked pre season and for me there's the two main reasons for our relegation, yes relegation, no way are we saving ourselves this season, they haven't got it in them.
    The cretinous recruitment and utter squandering of a huge budget is such a waste, words fail me.
    Only 2 managers have had the chance to bring in the target man as Kewell never got a transfer window he only signed whatever dross was available.

Anyway no good having a target man when the baldie wants us to play like Barcelona I mean he has managed a kids team so it will obviously work in the pro game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast