+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunfermline

Dunfermline

Just back from Orlando so missed the last couple of games. By the sounds of it not great, but 6 points is 6 points at this stage of the season. We have 7 games left. 7 wins will give 21 points and a final tally of 73. That actually may well prove to be enough to win this league but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. This is United after all.

Tomorrow night I feel really is the key game. We have a very out of sorts QOS at home on Saturday. Win tomorrow night and you would expect (surely tae phuck!) to win on Saturday. All of a sudden you’ve then only got 5 games to negotiate and suddenly it starts to feel doable.

BUT, capitulate tomorrow and it obviously ain’t happening. However, on every level, such as gaining momentum, belief, getting the punters believing, maxing out the crowds, putting pressure on Dross County etc, then a win tomorrow could prove a major catalyst. So consequently unlike Saturday where I was hoping for a strong win, tomorrow night I’ll take any win whatsoever.

C’MON UNITED!

73 points would win league no problem. no chance it will be us.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    no chance it will be us.
    I’m actually with you S71 as I can’t see us winning tomorrow night but if they could it may prove significant.

But I’m not holding my breath.

I'm very much of the opinion that if we don't change formation i.e players in their correct position then we're just gonna continue to scrape through games like we've done for weeks. Partick game showed how weak the system is and that cost us 3 points, we've been lucky we've managed to grind out 2 wins there. Given the players at our disposal there's nae f cuking danger we should be scraping through games.

Tomorrows huge. Stanton should be no where near the team, Harkes automatic pick for me, i don't agree with Robson playing left weeng either, but it kinda worked Saturday. McMullan shouldnt be starting with Safranko back. Pawlett automatic choice too. Watson slow as a weekend in Bell street!

Bengi -FEAR
    Seaman Reynolds Bouhenna/Connolly Booth
    Pawlett Butcher Harkes Robson/Nesbitt
    Clark Safarnko

Seems Robbies as stubborn as they come...

No reason we can't win tomorrow night. I think confidence is growing, ok so thats 2-0 home win nailed on then.
    Seriously though, I do think we'll win. We have a growing mental toughness which counts for a lot in this league.
    (We can learn how to pass the ball in the summer break)

Saturday against Queens won't be easy and it's no guarantee win, every team playing for something right now, that's the nature of the division this year, Alloa at home to County that day so will be interesting

Tomorrow is key as you say but with the form they are in even if we play well it will be a difficult game, 5 wins 5 cleansheets and well rested with playoff position in they sight

Taking nothing for granted either way as County don't have easy fixtures left either, it's not even certain that we need to win every game to win the league, it's likely but you just never know, we'd have to win in Dingwall though a week on Friday (we are the only team to win there this season)

Feeling nervous about this one though, it does feel like one that if we win could really get them nervous up north and add pressure to their upcoming matches

This is massive.

Agree with the OP if we win this one then title will remain possible

Us and Dunfermline probably the two form teams.

Hopefully this can be the match when we show our league winning credentials.

COME ON UNITED!!

I can't see it, even if we win (and this has got one of those let down nights written all over it) RC will still be ahead with TWO games in hand.

Is it patg? Might just make it along if I finish work early enough.

It's all ticket (they have automated turnstiles) but there will be a buckie at the ground.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)