+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: England tonight

England tonight

Winning 2-1 at half time. Rose and Walker looking shaky but loving Hudson -Odoi's old fashioned wing play. If only Notts had a winger.

It was an administrative error. We sent our scouts out looking for wingers and they signed a load of whingers.

Just proves how far this team has come under Southgate. If that would have been Rooney, Lampard et al, we may have ****ed that up at 1-0 down

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Just proves how far this team has come under Southgate. If that would have been Rooney, Lampard et al, we may have ****ed that up at 1-0 down
    Absolutely.

I have to say as a neutral I really enjoyed that... Hudson Odoi looks some player, although it was tough watching Rice play for you guys tonight I thought he had a good game... 2 games in and 10 goals is some return.. you should walk this group and qualify with a few games to play.

I genuinely think we have exciting times ahead. This has been a decade in the making and we’re now potentially starting to see the results.
    I’ve watched England for 30 years and this is the first time I’ve seen us balanced and playing without fear.
    We also have a manager that seems to know exactly how to protect his players and handle the media.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    I have to say as a neutral I really enjoyed that... Hudson Odoi looks some player, although it was tough watching Rice play for you guys tonight I thought he had a good game... 2 games in and 10 goals is some return.. you should walk this group and qualify with a few games to play.
    We usually walk the qualifying group but then blow it on the big stage. As someone who was lucky enough to witness a World Cup victory (although I was only 12) I had pretty much given up on seeing us win a major tournament again. This squad has made me think again though, it seems we suddenly have a lot of talent at all levels. My passion for England is slowly being rekindled.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    We usually walk the qualifying group but then blow it on the big stage. As someone who was lucky enough to witness a World Cup victory (although I was only 12) I had pretty much given up on seeing us win a major tournament again. This squad has made me think again though, it seems we suddenly have a lot of talent at all levels. My passion for England is slowly being rekindled.
    I could never lose any passion for England, or Notts.

This group of players have already shown that they 'turn up' at a major tournament. I (like KillTheDrum) also believe that this is one of the most exciting times for English International football. The Prima Donnas of old would never turn up in a tournament. I only remember Euro 96 being anything like a decent team with a good work ethic, maybe barring the Euros (can't remember which year) where a young Rooney was bossing it, then got injured. Also Hoddle's team in 98 was ok and very unlucky to go out against Argentina.

They all seem to have lots of respect for Southgate and each other. It's quite similar to the German model that saw them do so well for 8-10 years. the squad as a whole is very strong and every player seems to know their job.

Shame the game was marred by those racist idiots.
    Last edited by MancMagpie; 25-03-2019 at 10:22 PM.

If only we'd stuck with Big Sam though...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast