+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: England tonight

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    If only we'd stuck with Big Sam though...
    Yes if only Sid. did he vote leave?

Impressed with England. When they went 1-0 down they responded v well. I can't think that many of England's recent teams would have come back with such a result after an early set back.

Was a bit bemused by Sterling's response to the crowd after he scored but reading about the abuse he and others received for the colour of their skin I can understand why. His performances for England and Man City this season have been a revelation and great credit to the young man and I hope he continues to improve as a player and a person.

Agree with all above, great to see an England team playing like they are. It's now exciting to think about the future of this team and hopefully we can go onto win something. It has been a long time for us to catch up with the big teams but we're finally coming into that period now.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    This group of players have already shown that they 'turn up' at a major tournament. I (like KillTheDrum) also believe that this is one of the most exciting times for English International football. The Prima Donnas of old would never turn up in a tournament. I only remember Euro 96 being anything like a decent team with a good work ethic, maybe barring the Euros (can't remember which year) where a young Rooney was bossing it, then got injured. Also Hoddle's team in 98 was ok and very unlucky to go out against Argentina.

They all seem to have lots of respect for Southgate and each other. It's quite similar to the German model that saw them do so well for 8-10 years. the squad as a whole is very strong and every player seems to know their job.

Shame the game was marred by those racist idiots.
    UEFA now need to clamp down on these racist countries. They should be made to play all of their qualifying games away from home instead of some measly fine.
    If it continues when they play at home again don't allow them into any competitions and that would also apply to their club teams.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    UEFA now need to clamp down on these racist countries. They should be made to play all of their qualifying games away from home instead of some measly fine.
    If it continues when they play at home again don't allow them into any competitions and that would also apply to their club teams.
    There's no better way of answering your abusers than banging five goals past them . Humiliation is the most effective form of retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I think we really ought to see how the Montnegro authorities deal with it first. If they just shrug it off and pretend it didn't happen, as Russia used to, or if no-one points the finger at those personally involved, then by all means punish the guilty nation's team. Russia got away with it then by pretending to punish the guilty and even now Putin is proud of his vicious hooligans, but it should never happen again.

Montenegro are going no further in this year's competition so booting them out now is hardly going to hurt them. Empty stadia and the knock-on effects of no ticket sales, no tourism, empty hotels, etc, might hurt their pockets and pride next time, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    There's no better way of answering your abusers than banging five goals past them . Humiliation is the most effective form of retribution.
    A good boot in the taters works well, too.

Can anyone tell me why Harry Kane’s goal wasn’t offside?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Behind the ball when it was played ?

The rule used to be if you are ahead of defender and ball played forward you would be offside but the rules change that often its hard to keep up !

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    He was behind the ball when it was played. Regardless of if the ball is played forward, if the other player is behind the ball when it's played it's not offside.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast