+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t the problem with equality and diversity

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    To be honest and having lived there for a bit, I don't think this would have got to court. The migrant would have been blamed from the start.
    Sometimes think that this is what posters on here want in the UK!

If that is aimed at me let me make this clear
    The point I make is I do not want the awful laws & practices that prevail in such countries
    What I do want is for the laws & practices of the UK to
    a) be adhered to by those who have a different creed
    b)be enforced with the same conviction that we see in those countries in question
    I| do not seek to alter or amend any of the laws/practices in these countries in spite of my dislike for them
    Simply put...... their country their laws
    our country our laws

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    If that is aimed at me let me make this clear
    The point I make is I do not want the awful laws & practices that prevail in such countries
    What I do want is for the laws & practices of the UK to
    a) be adhered to by those who have a different creed
    b)be enforced with the same conviction that we see in those countries in question
    I| do not seek to alter or amend any of the laws/practices in these countries in spite of my dislike for them
    Simply put...... their country their laws
    our country our laws
    I have to say you were not in mind when I posted that. I think you know who was!

I agree with your points in general but when you say that we should enforce our laws with the same conviction as theirs, what exactly do you have in mind? How do you think that that would work in adherence to UK law?

Have you noticed that it is more often than not that dissenters to our way of life seem to be from the followers of Islam in this country
    I don't see such dissention from those migrants who have settled here or even born here from the Orient eg. Chinese /Japanese, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    That's absolutely not what I'm saying - that's just black and white. It will depend on your definition of extremists:

"a person who holds extreme political or religious views, especially one who advocates illegal, violent, or other extreme action"

Their view is that they have an extreme position on their kids being exposed to other religious beliefs and some other ways of life but they are not seeking to impose their views on others and most certainly not advocating violent or illegal action.

The parents I have spoken to have been scared more than anything else, that they will lose their kids from their religion. Some have accepted our views that they need to be exposed to and tolerant towards other faiths and life choices when they have been willing to listen. Others are not willing to listen. Importantly, like any good educator, we are informing children, giving them information about a range of issues and topics that they will meet in the real world. Most parents come to see that as a good thing.
    I think it's pretty extreme that ANY religion forces parents to be so homophobic that they would prefer their own children's education to suffer rather than learn about same *** relationships. Something pretty wrong with any religion or ideology that does that.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    That would seem to indicate that these kids should attend, which is what I'm saying. I think the only alternative is home schooling, but I don't think that would be allowed in these circumstances.

What makes you think that these parents will be allowed to permanently opt out of this school's programme? As I understand it, the programme is on hold whilst the school talks to concerned parents but then intends to continue. As it should, with all children in attendance.

If you have any info where these kids are being allowed to miss parts of school that parents disagree with, then send me evidence. You may be right but I haven't come across it happening.

As ever, we shouldn't be too quick to generalise the views of parents such as these onto the views of other ethnic parents, the vast majority are happy for their kids to attend school as normal and experience the national curriculum. I've been at my current college as leader for 4 years, and 1000 kids have gone through, 95% non white UK. I have only had a handful of protests, and all of these were black African or Caribbean Christians.
    When I was at school, two Jehovah's Witnesses and one Muslim child in my class were both permitted to opt out of RE lessons. That was in secondary school. So presumably, the law must allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis_D View Post
    I think it's pretty extreme that ANY religion forces parents to be so homophobic that they would prefer their own children's education to suffer rather than learn about same *** relationships. Something pretty wrong with any religion or ideology that does that.
    Perhaps they see it as indoctrination not education and that their child is suffering by receiving such information?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Perhaps they see it as indoctrination not education and that their child is suffering by receiving such information?
    And who better to know indoctrination when they see it eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    And who better to know indoctrination when they see it eh?
    This reminds me of the Victor Serge novel set in Stalinist Russia, The Case of Comrade Tulyaev. The NKVD interrogator says to the prisoner: "Indoctrination! I'll tell you what indoctrination is: it's when you don't f***ing agree with me you sh*t." A good job for you there perhaps, Exile?

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    This reminds me of the Victor Serge novel set in Stalinist Russia, The Case of Comrade Tulyaev. The NKVD interrogator says to the prisoner: "Indoctrination! I'll tell you what indoctrination is: it's when you don't f***ing agree with me you sh*t." A good job for you there perhaps, Exile?
    Totally irrelevant & your obvious bias is showing
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 04-04-2019 at 06:58 AM.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast